Air fryer chicken and vegetables cooked together is a healthy one pot meal with tons of flavor. Make in a Ninja Foodi, Cosori or other brand. If you’ve wanted to add some protein in with your air fryer vegetables this is how to do it!
Cooking air fryer chicken and vegetables with simple seasonings on top has been a game changer for dinner! An easy and quick way to cook an entire meal all at once that is tender with crisp on the edges. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes here on our family blog. (affiliate links present, originally published 8/21)
Ninja Foodi Chicken and Vegetables
You can make this in any brand you have at home. I have three, the two mentioned above and an AirWave that came in white so it was so pretty for my countertop. 😉 We liked it so much we made Instant Pot chicken and vegetables too. That’s great but without any crisp on the outside of course, so a different texture.
Amp up the seasonings a lot with “all the things” or just go simple with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper. This is a great way to change it up week to week and see which combinations you love best. What we used is listed below though to get you started.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Vegetables in Air Fryer
If you haven’t made air fryer zucchini or a batch of air fryer butternut squash yet they are just so good. I mean to the point that if your kids aren’t veggie lovers they likely will be after trying it cooked this way. It’s the texture that is just so much better than sauteeing in a pan, in the oven, or cooked really any other way.
Just toss with some olive oil, seasons and toss halfway through your cook times, that is really it my friends! Both green and yellow squash were chosen + halved mushrooms because those are our favorites (and are super cheap too). Diced onions are a nice touch too for a bit of texture and flavor.
You just really need to choose a few that will cook right around the same time as each other + the chicken pieces.
Bell peppers sliced about 1/2″ thick work great. Cauliflower would be okay too but will be a bit more al dente at the end. I would not choose broccoli just because that needs a bit of water underneath the lower basket to steam a bit.
Chicken and Vegetables in Air Fryer
When it comes to choosing the protein you could use boneless skinless chicken thighs (love) or breasts. Just make sure when you are cutting them that each piece is about the same size. Make them bite size so it is easier for everyone to eat and they all cook evenly at the same time.
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Zucchini and yellow squash are my favorite choices
- Mushrooms work really well in this dish
- Diced onions could be added
- Bottled Italian seasonings have a bunch of different herbs all together so it makes this easy
I love Old Bay on everything, and of course salt and pepper is a given. Then you’ll need olive oil and some in a spray form too. Some prefer avocado oil spray, that is fine too.
Air Fryer Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
It is really simple as I have explained here. Yes you could cook this the same way on a sheet pan but you won’t be able to get the outsides as crispy as this. Let me get into a bit more details below. There are exact ingredients and amounts below in the recipe card below too:
- Slice mushrooms in half, squash into dials. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray basket with olive oil spray.
- Add the chicken and veggies into a bowl and coat the chicken and other ingredients with olive oil and seasonings. Other great ones to add are some garlic salt, garlic powder, and/or Old Bay.
- Pour into preheated air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 350.
- Then open and toss after 15 minutes shaking the basket so everything rotates.
- Spray top with olive oil spray and close.
- Increase temp to 375 degrees F for another 5-8 minutes air fried or until veggies are as tender as desired, crisped on outsides and roasted chicken is cooked thru.
Looking for more air fryer vegetable recipes? Of course you are. We have done it all, even air fryer beets are something I got my kiddos to actually like. If you want to omit the poultry out of this one you can.
If you are making multiple batches of this just ensure each one is overlapping as little as possible. Then when one is done dump on to a baking sheet and cover with foil to keep warm. Pop in another, and keep adding. The future batches poured on top with keep previous ones warm.
Then you can serve this up with white rice, plain, or with a side salad. It is really a complete keto friendly meal served as is I say but sometimes you want some bread or something, especially when serving it to kiddos. If you need timing for air fryer frozen vegetables we have that as well.
Now jump to recipe below and make some chicken and veggies for your family tonight. An under 30 minute healthy air fryer chicken recipe that is gluten free and roasted to perfection.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Chicken and Vegetables
- Slice mushrooms in half, squash into dials. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray basket with olive oil spray.
- Put meat and veggies into a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasonings. Other great ones to add are some garlic salt and/or Old Bay.
- Pour into preheated air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 350. Then open and toss contents, spray top with olive oil spray and close. Increase temp to 375 degrees F for another 5-8 minutes or until veggies are as tender as desired, crisped on outsides and chicken is cooked thru.