Here’s an easy way to make moist red velvet brownies from cake mix and 2 other ingredients. We load ours up with white chocolate too and it’s an amazingly quick dessert that’s cheap to make and you can whip together when guests are coming over. Cake mix brownies are the best!
Ok so I am a sucker for easy throw together desserts and these red velvet brownies from cake mix are just that! We started with how to make brownies out of cake mix using strawberry cake mix and have gone on and on to create different flavors and they’ve all been amazing.
- I will have to say these and our peanut butter cookie brownies using cake mix are probably our favorites so far.
- We also made devils food chocolate cake mix brownie batter and those were moist and ooey gooey too.
BUT since we love red velvet everything we decided to try it with this cake mix.
This is literally all you need:
Okay so you can omit the white chocolate chips but why would you really. It is a great combination, and chocolate belongs in every recipe really. 😉 If you have cake mix, eggs and oil at home you too can make a multitude of different types of brownies from cake mix too, let me know if you have a favorite!
- The trick to them coming out perfectly is to preheat your oven to 350 and under bake them. You really just want the top of the brownies and edges to be lightly browned. (stiffer in this case, hard to see brown with the red food coloring).
On the outside of your red velvet brownies from cake mix it will be somewhat firm. The middle will start to firm up but it will still feel like it isn’t quite done. That is when we take them out.
It is best to allow your brownies to cool completely in the pan. Then they can continue to cook a bit more. They will slice a lot cleaner too if you do it this way. You can also line the 8×8 pan with parchment paper. That way you can lift it out completely and slice them, or make sure to use non stick spray or they will stick!
This is what you need to make red velvet brownies from cake mix
- Box of red velvet cake mix
- White chocolate chips
- 8×8 pan
- Non stick spray or parchment paper
- Some like frosting like a cream cheese topping
Once you’re done with these, you should try our other quick dessert recipes:
Want more ideas?? Make some red velvet cheesecake cake!
If you can’t tell I love EASY desserts. This one definitely falls into this category with NO butter just egg needed, and oil. I use vegetable oil but if you are out you probably wouldn’t notice the difference with olive oil if need be.
- Like our cherry brownies above you can add more sweetness with a tub of frosting. To be quite honest these are on the super sweet side as is but that is up to you.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Red Velvet Brownies from Cake Mix
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, oil, and eggs into a bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray 8x8 pan with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Pour cake mix brownies into pan and smooth out so it is even across the pan and cooks evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 24 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned and middle is barely firm, do not overcook or they will be dry...we prefer them ooey gooey.
- Leave in pan until they are completely cooled in order to cut nicely and have them come out easily in a nice looking square piece.