The best oven baked chicken thighs I’ve ever made. So easy to do and such a simple Keto sheet pan chicken recipe that even my kids liked!
In the past I veered away from chicken thighs, I just didn’t know what to do with them. A few months ago I just couldn’t resist because they were on sale and just too cheap to pass up. With a few veggies, olive oil and some spices they had to be good right?? (originally published 3/17)
- They were and these oven baked chicken thighs were SO easy to make. I paired them with our favorite stuffing recipe and it made for a great dinner!
- Here’s the recipe we made then, and now make quite frequently because it’s so good, healthy, and SO inexpensive too!
This was so good!
Oven baked chicken thighs recipe
- The package of 6 chicken thighs was less than five dollars and fed all of us with that side of stuffing I talked about.
- Super cheap meal! I cut mushrooms I had into fourths, cut these mini pearl onions in half, mixed all of it with olive oil and spices in a bowl and threw it on a sheet pan to bake in the oven.
I just use my hands to mix all the contents in the bowl and massage the oil and spices into your chicken thighs before baking. It is easier to make sure all the veggies and chicken get nice and coated if you use your hands instead of a spoon I think.
If you don’t have parchment paper you don’t have to use it but it makes for an easier cleanup and ensures your food doesn’t stick to the pan.
It’s seriously an easy sheet pan chicken thigh recipe that you can throw together easily, is healthy, and is really flavorful with just a few veggies and spices that I am sure you have in your spice cupboard too!
If you love this easy chicken recipe you should try these too:
- Chicken tortilla bake is a great throw together meal
- Our oven baked brisket just is out of this world
- Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in recipe
- One pot paprika chicken thighs recipe
Make our easy pull apart bread recipe as an easy side dish and dinner is ready!!
Here’s a quick rundown of how I make this oven baked chicken thighs recipe
Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Put chicken thighs, Lawrys, garlic powder, onions and mushrooms into a bowl and mix (use your hands to massage oil and spices into chicken). Put parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Pour chicken and contents on cookie sheet and spread out flat to cook evenly. Sprinkle oregano, basil, sprigs of thyme and a squeeze of half a lemon over the top of the veggies and chicken (use more spices if desired).
- Put in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until top of skins get lightly browned (or as brown as you’d like them). Done!