Here are over 30 fresh apple recipes to try for dessert or savory dishes you can make for dinner too. The best apple recipes using any variety off the tree.
Whether you just went apple picking or just love making fresh apple recipes using fruit from the store we have a bunch of delicious recipe ideas. From pork chops and apples to one of our most popular fresh apple recipes using the Instant Pot there is something for everyone here and for every meal.
Looking for brunch menu ideas, we have quite a few here you can use like apple cinnamon muffins or pumpkin apple bread.
Quite a few are from our site here and others are from friends who are great cooks and bakers too, let us know which ones are your favorite!
Whether you buy them from a store, or go apple picking you may have more than you can eat before these beauties go bad.
That’s when you need apple dessert recipes to choose from!
How many varieties of apples are there?
- There are actually 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States and 7,500 grown throughout the world.
- Most of the time you will find a handful of different types and each one has a different quality and taste to them.
What is the most popular type of apple? GALA! Followed by the red delicious, granny smith, Fuji and honeycrisp varieties. My favorite is Fuji personally but I do use green apples for any crisp I make typically.
What is the sweetest apple? It’s said to be the Fuji actually, and I find that these hold their shape well. Red and yellow apples (we will call them) are much softer and not ideal for baking. I would stick to firmer varieties.
- Fuji and Granny Smith are the best apples for baking!
Here are a few of our favorite fresh apple recipes
- Pressure cooker applesauce is simple enough and perfect for even toddlers
- Cranberry apple cobbler is great after Thanksgiving with your leftover cranberry sauce
For the holidays you can make a big ol’ pot of Instant Pot hot apple cider to enjoy throughout the day too.
- Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so good
- Caramel apple bread pudding is just amazing year round
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake you see here is a nice treat
We’ve got a lot more apple desserts here, find your favorite one!
- Apple Instant Pot oatmeal is a great breakfast we make often
- Slow cooker apple butter is amazing on toast or pork chops
- Chilled sparkling apple cider is fabulous holiday drink
- Easy pumpkin apple bread satisfies my love of pumpkin everything
- Crockpot pork chops simmered with fresh apples is an amazing dinner
- This smoked pork recipe stuffed with apples is amazing too
- This is how you make fresh homemade pressure cooker apple pie filling
- Fresh apple rhubarb crunch is excellent
- Air fryer apple crisp is over the top delicious
What can you use to top your apple dessert recipes?
- Whipped cream is always a good choice.
- Slightly warmed cream cheese frosting is a fave in this house.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, or a pinch of brown sugar too is good.
- For a very healthy treat sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on apple slices and enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot apple recipes??
We’ve got a lot!
- Our crockpot apple crisp is very popular
- If you have a pressure cooker you’ve got to try our Instant Pot apple crisp
- Apple pancakes are fun easy breakfast ideas too.
- just dice a peeled apple and throw it right into the batter
We usually need a lot of fresh fruit recipes during the summertime because there’s so many orchards around here!
Apples are so versatile and great to mix with other fruits too since they’re inexpensive and sweet. There are SO many varieties too, some are tart and others are sweeter than others. Take your pick and use your favorites.
Above is top on our list of favorite Instant Pot recipes!
- If you love Cracker Barrel baked apples this will surely be your favorite fresh apple recipe as well.
I have slow cooker directions above too if you don’t have an Instant Pot, though I highly recommend you get one. This is the one I have and it is one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
Why I love fresh apple recipes
- We love apple picking so we need a multitude of ways to use them up
- It’s a fresh and healthy way to make a tasty dessert
- Using fresh apples in recipes is a great way to involve your kids in baking, have them help you skin them or mix them in
- If I add fresh apples it doesn’t make me feel as guilty as I indulge in my favorite desserts, like my apple monkey bread.
- You can adjust the sweetness and texture of your recipe naturally using different varieties of fresh apples
- Granny smith – firm and tart
- Fuji – firm and sweet
- Red – soft and sweet
- Golden delicious and pink lady – soft and a bit sweet
- It’s always great to use fresh produce in recipes
Here are some more fresh apple recipes from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Chicken apple meatballs make a great appetizer at parties
- Blackberry and apple jam
- You could make apple jam using our pressure cooker jam recipe too
- Cinnamon Babka sounds just amazing
- Donut recipe is great for little hands
- Apple spice scones are wonderful with a cup of coffee in the morning
- Rose apple pastries are kinda’ like small coffee cakes
- Mushroom stuffed pork loin is another savory fresh apple recipe
- Cranberry galette is a new treat you could try with your kiddos
- Easy candy apple recipe above is so awesome during Halloween