This is the best enchilada lasagna casserole we have for dinner often that my kids absolutely love! If you’re looking for a baked cheesy casserole packed with lots of flavor and ground beef that is easy to throw together, this is it. Layered with Mexican flavors and corn tortillas it’s like an enchilada met a lasagna!
I wasn’t quite sure what to even call this when I made it the first time. As with any casserole it’s a combination of our favorite foods put together to make a warm comfort food full of yumminess and of course lots of cheese! Similar to a sort of enchilada casserole, though layered like lasagna, we thought the name enchilada lasagna just made sense! If you’re a busy family who loves quick and easy casseroles like we do this may become a great addition to your meal planning, everyone in our house cleans their plate when I make this. Here’s the recipe. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine. (originally published 2/17)
Layered with black beans, cheese, corn, mild chiles and a Manwich that gives it a kick of added flavor…this enchilada lasagna casserole is just the best. 😉 It is easier than traditional lasagna since there is NO boiling required and the only thing you need to precook is the ground beef. If you’d rather make it vegetarian you can leave this step out and quite frankly it would still taste amazing.
Mix all the ingredients together and layer the goodness above and below your layers of corn tortillas.
You can use as little or as much cheese as you’d like too, but we are all about cheesy goodness so we use it in between and on top of this dish. Here’s the entire recipe for you to follow, let us know what you think!
This is what you need to make this easy Enchilada Lasagna
- Manwich – 15 oz. can
- Corn tortillas
- Corn – canned is what I use
- Black beans
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite
- Diced chiles – canned
- Cheese – Cheddar and Jack
- Ground beef
Layering is the trick, and lots of cheese is the way to go for us. When it’s cooking all the flavors meld together, soften the tortillas, and creates a warm dinner that is perfect as is or topped with a bit of sour cream and chives! If you’ve never thought of using Manwich outside of sloppy joes this is a great new recipe to try.
To find other recipes and more that include Manwich visit their site and add something new to your weekly meal rotation.
Looking for more easy casserole recipes?
Our Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole uses Manwich too so you’ll love that!
Here’s the printable recipe for enchilada lasagna
- 12 tortillas small corn
- 1 can Manwich 15 oz.
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes I like using petite
- 1 small can diced chiles we use mild but you could use hotter
- 1/4 onion diced
- 3-4 c cheese we use 4 for the whole thing
- 1 lbs ground beef
- Brown your meat on the stovetop with your diced onions.
- Add meat and all of the other ingredients (excluding tortillas and cheese) into a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 9x12" dish with non stick spray and add a small layer of your meat mixture.
- Then add 6 tortillas overlapping a bit so it covers your meat layer. Sprinkle 1 c. of cheese on top of tortilla layer.
- Add another layer of meat mixture, then another tortilla layer, cheese on top of that, and then last top layer is the remainder (1/3 on each layer) of your meat mixture.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Take foil off and sprinkle last 3/4-1 c. of cheese and bake for 10 more minutes uncovered. Serve! Could add a dollop of sour cream on top and chives too!
- If you want it to stay together like lasagna and come out in a less messy way allow it to cool for about 15 minutes when it comes out before cutting...but either way it is delicious.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉