Here’s an easy slime without borax recipe so your kids can make foam bead slime at home with just baking soda, glue and contact lens solution!
Looking for an easy slime without borax recipe for kids??!! Here it is! Using floam beads to make it colorful you can even add food coloring to make it brilliant. Of all the slime recipes we’ve created, this was the easiest.
- My girls have done it all! They started making liquid laundry detergent slime but that does stick to your hands a bit. Technically it does have borax in it with the detergent so they tried this with clear and white glue.
You can add drops of food coloring to make it any desired color. Creating slime is one of my girls’ favorite crafts to do. Here’s how it is done.
Slime with no borax
- 1 air tight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue – or buy a larger clear glue container for less
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact saline solution – I usually buy this one
- Foam Beads (There are so many different colors and sizes! We used a multi color small foam bead)
- Clear fine glitter
- Slime container to keep it fresh longer when stored
- Or you can buy a slime starter kit with everything to make 2 batches of this and just add foam beads
As with any other slime recipe please read our safety disclosure before attempting any of them and parental supervision is always required.
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water and ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Next, add in glitter. If you want a super clear slime, omit the glitter!
- Squeeze in 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- Pour in foam beads. You can always add more later!
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- If it’s still sticky add more kneading until it is perfect.
- Continue to add the foam beads until you get a look that you are going for.
- Store in an airtight container.
Clear Slime without Borax
Like I said, there is no liquid starch necessary to make slime without borax. We do have a few others you can make on a fun weekend too though. If you’re throwing a slime birthday party you’ll need a few other options too:
- Add shaving cream and make this fun goo.
- This fluffy slime recipe is super easy with only 3 ingredients.
- Scented slime is always fun.
- Honey slime
- Christmas slime
Here are the ingredients to make playdough. Perfect for little hands.