Easy chicken pot pie casserole my whole family loves! Total comfort food made casserole style loaded with chicken and vegetables with a retro style crust.
If you love casseroles I have a great one for you that everyone in your house who loves comfort food will love! This easy chicken pot pie casserole is just a feel good meal that is back with lots of vegetables, a creamy sauce and chicken. Instead of a crust on top you have bite size biscuits to give you that pot pie feeling. It is so good! Definitely one of our favorite quick and easy casseroles. (originally published 9/18)
My kids love vegetables and would almost eat them over a plate full of meat. Make anything into a noodly casserole and they’re all about it.
The best part of a chicken pot pie really IS the filling. Which makes this even better than the traditional in my opinion. The crust is minimal and there is more goodness to go around!
Here’s what you’ll need to make our easy chicken pot pie casserole:
- 2 c. diced rotisserie chicken or a large can of canned chicken
- Egg noodles
- Frozen peas
- 1 cob of corn (can use frozen but fresh off the cob is best)
- 1 potato
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth (can use water but broth is better)
I usually have whatever I need to make this easy chicken pot pie casserole at home. Which means I can throw it together and it’s done in less than 45 min including prep time.
I have made it with both canned and fresh chicken and both are good…depends on what I have on hand really.
If I’m in a rush canned chicken works out pretty well actually, less to cook. You could really leave off the biscuits on top if you wanted too and even then it is really a tasty meal!
Let us know what you think!!
Here’s a video showing you how to make it.
Seriously it has the same taste as your grandma’s pot pie just without all the crust. I am all about casseroles because it’s a great way to pack in the veggies and is a feel good meal that reminds me of my childhood.
Looking for more easy casseroles to try???
- Easy beef stroganoff casserole
- Try our creamy Easy Swedish meatball casserole
- Creamy garlic chicken is yummy too
- Cheesy and Easy chicken parmesan casserole
If you love this try our pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup too.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts pre-cooked, diced into bite size pcs.(or use large can of chicken, next to tuna fish in store) or dice 2 breasts off rotisserie chicken
- 1 c potato diced and skinned
- 1 cob of corn remove kernels
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 4 c uncooked egg noodles
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pkg. refrigerated dinner rolls
- Slice and dice all your vegetables. If you want carrots really soft cut into dials and then cut those in half.
- In a pot on the stove over med. heat put butter, chicken cut into bite size pieces (if you use rotisserie or canned chicken skip this and add chicken when you add cream of chicken), and onions, cook for a few minutes to soften onions and cook chicken pcs on the outside.
- Add all other vegetables and stir.
- Add in chicken stock and cream of chicken soup, mix well with vegetables.
- In another pot boil your 4 c uncooked noodles until al dente (they will continue to cook in the casserole).
- Pour al dente noodles into pot with chicken and vegetables. Stir gently.
- Spray a 13x9" pan with non stick spray and pour in your chicken pot pie casserole mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Take out, remove foil, and cut up 2 Grands biscuits or 3-4 regular refrigerated biscuits and put them randomly on top of your casserole.
- Put back into the oven for 5 minutes or until roll pieces are cooked (not browned necessarily as that makes them hard).
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉