This no noodle lasagna is a low carb keto alternative to your favorite pasta! Using slices of zucchini, cheese and lots of flavorful hamburger, you’ll love it.
Have you ever made a no noodle lasagna using zucchini instead?? Well during the summertime our garden is PACKED with this proliferous vegetable and this is what we made. Since then it’s been a fun and unique way to make this classic dish with lower carbs but tons of flavor!
- Even if you aren’t looking for a keto or low carb lasagna you’ll still love it!
You can’t go wrong with hamburger and cheese!! Actually this is even better if you use some spicy ground sausage with your beef to add a TON more flavor. That is totally up to you though.
Have you always made lasagna the old fashioned way??
I mean, do you always boil the big floppy noodles in a pot on the stovetop and have a big mess when you’re done? That was the part I hated the most!
- I started making lasagna casserole years ago because I wanted to skip the boiling entirely. Problem solved at that point.
BUT we’re always thinking outside of the box too.
When we had 8 large zucchini’s sitting on the counter I just couldn’t waste them and went on a quest to cook zucchini EVERYTHING.
Thus, this no noodle lasagna was created.
Ingredients necessary to make this low carb lunch or dinner:
- Ground beef – or spicy ground sausage is great
- Mozzarella cheese
- Zucchini – sliced thick
- Spaghetti sauce
- Taco seasoning
- 8×8 pan
Tip for making the best no noodle lasagna – Slice your zucchini THICK! It will soften quite a bit while baking and as you know this veggie softens quite a bit. If you want it to resemble noodles it is best to slice it as you see here above.
Looking for other lasagna recipes?
No Noodle Lasagna
- 1 - 2 large zucchini cut into 1/4" slices lengthwise
- 1 lb ground beef lean, or half hamburger and half spicy ground sausage is best
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tbsp if you make your own
- 1 c onion diced
- 2 c mozzarella cheese or mix of parmesan and mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 c spaghetti sauce chunkier the better, can use tomato sauce but we like all the flavors in spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne ground
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees
- On the stove cook ground beef and onions together until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain grease, then add spaghetti sauce and warm. Stir in taco seasoning packet and mix until meat is coated.
- Lay zucchini slices on bottom so it is covered, can slightly overlap.
- Spoon half of your meat mixture on top of your zucchini slices, then top with half your cheese.
- Lay a second and final layer of zucchini down so meat is covered, followed by remaining meat and then cheese on the top. Can sprinkle green onions on top if desired.
- Put in oven for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is a light golden brown on top. (we put our 8x8 on a cookie sheet in case there was splatter)
- If you want pieces to stay in tact when serving allow pan to cool on cooling rack to thicken up and then serve when just barely warm to the touch at the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!