Mealthy CrispLid will turn your pressure cooker into an air fryer too! Use your Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express or Mealthy and try it! Here’s my review.
Instant Crisp is here! Have you seen the air fryer lid for pressure cookers yet?? It exists!! The Mealthy CrispLid transforms your pot. I have been waiting for this for so long.
Before I shared what it looked like and what it comes with I needed to test it out first. I never share anything unless I’m truly in love with it.
I made air fryer pork chops AND what we will call a rotisserie Crisp Lid chicken too (recipe below) and both came out great. SO I decided to share my Mealthy CrispLid review with you here today.
This is what is included in your Mealthy CrispLid box:
- The air fryer Instant Crisp lid itself, seen here
- A silicone mat for setting it on your counter, seen above
- great when it’s hot
- A metal trivet
- An air fryer basket
- love this, easy to clean and works great even for a whole chicken
- CrispLid cookbook
If you’re not familiar with this brand, they are not new. Mealthy is the #2 pressure cooker on the market, and the least expensive too. I have an 8 quart and it’s great. Pretty much identical to any other brand on the market but comes with a lot of accessories right off the bat.
Here’s how to use the Instant Crisp Lid and how to turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer (or any other brand):
The buttons on top are quite easy to understand and figure out but here’s an explanation.
- Thermometer button – Push to set the temperature.
- Clock – Used to set the time, how long you want to air fry your food.
- Play looking button – To start the machine.
- Square – To stop the air fryer lid.
- + and – are used to move the temperature or time up or down.
Tip: Once you’re ready to use it you need to plug it in (duh), but you also need to push the handle all the way down. If you don’t it won’t turn on. (lesson learned on my part)
Is the Mealthy air fryer lid easy to use?
I am not one to read directions so as always I didn’t. I was able to figure out what buttons did what just because it is intuitive really.
- The only thing I got caught up on was in the very beginning it didn’t turn on but it was my fault. I note this in my tip that you need to ensure the handle is all the way down first. Otherwise it won’t start, my bad.
When I was cooking both items I stopped and started it more than once because I wanted to check the food. It is easy to reset after checking and the silicone mat is very helpful so you don’t burn your countertop.
Here is what we made on the first day when our air fryer lid arrived:
- Air fryer pork chops
- I used the recipe in the recipe book that came with the lid.
- You could also easily pressure cook the meat and then air fry to crisp.
- Rotisserie chicken
- The pressure cooker and air fryer Instant Pot lid was used to make this.
- Came out fantastic!
- Recipe for this below.
What you need to make our CrispLid chicken recipe:
- Whole chicken
- ours was about 4.5 lbs.
- we prefer organic because it is leaner
- Olive oil spray
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt – I swear by Lawry’s
Seriously, I really never measure my spices when I am making a whole chicken. However, I do when I am creating a recipe so I can share them with you. BUT please use whatever you normally put on a chicken when you bake it. 😉
Watch how this lid works here!
- Pour your liquid inside your pressure cooker and lower down a trivet.
- Put the air fryer basket that comes with your CrispLid on top of that.
- Rinse your whole chicken and remove bag from cavity if there is one.
- Put chicken in air fryer basket and sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Close lid to pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Do a quick release and put pressure cooker lid aside.
- Spray chicken with olive oil spray on top.
- Put Crisp Lid on top, plug in, and put handle down so it turns on.
- Set to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Add additional minutes if you want it crispier.
- Remove and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.