Edible crafts for kids you can do at home. Great for rainy or snowy day activities with kids, or for a party too. Lots of cute ideas.
When it’s winter time and it’s wet and/or snowy outside, edible crafts for kids are great! It’s nice to find inexpensive yet fun activities that kids love right? If you’re looking for indoor activities, we have a few fun ones you should try.
- I have three girls and we both work full time. When they are home it is nice to be able to keep them busy with some edible playdough, or a fun “build your own lunch” idea.
- It makes those yucky days more pleasurable.
Edible crafts for kids
Edible fingerpaint is really fun and only needs 2 ingredients for lots of entertainment!
Making a healthy fruit and veggie bouquet of flowers is fun and easy to do. Thanks to Eats Amazing for this one.
- Another way to make edible finger paint is using a veggies instead of what we used here up above. Take a peek at how Growing a Jeweled Rose does it!
- You can try melting peppermint candies into bowls or Christmas ornaments.
Edible playdough is SO much fun to make and play with and you only need 2 ingredients too. You probably already have what you need at home. 😉
How about making edible sand! The Mamas Girls has a great recipe for this…what fun with some toy cars!
How about making a fun treat…ice cream c0okies to be exact that you can decorate however you’d like, thanks to Family Fresh Meals for this idea.
- How about constructing some penguins out of food for some inside fun, take a peek from Hungry Happenings to see how they did this.
- If you’re itching to get outside, find an indoor playground in your neighborhood.
Here are some edible polar bear crafts for the holidays.
- Of course you can always have a movie night or afternoon complete with mocktail apple cider and treats.
- The ingredients to make playdough are simple and great for all ages. Here are some kid friendly play doh recipes.
- Edible chocolate playdoh is a favorite
- Put together a family game night
- Have an indoor Easter egg hunt no matter what time of year!
- Color Thanksgiving placemats in November
- Edible slime is probably their favorite thing to make hands down.
Here are 201+ other indoor activities for kids you can incorporate too!
For more crafts and tips sign up for my free newsletter and follow me on Pinterest.