Make a boredom buster jar for your kids that doesn’t cost a thing. Write activities for kids to do indoors or outdoors on each one to keep them busy.
Are you ready for the “there’s nothing to do” during Winter or Summer break?? Sometimes the simplest activities are the most fun for kids, and using their creativity is the most fun! We created a boredom buster jar to use when my kids ask what they can do for fun when we are spending some time at home. Let us show you how easy it is to make. (originally published 6/15)
- So we started with a small vase and popsicle sticks we found at the Dollar Store, and I had some colored washi tape at home so we could prettify it!
If you’ve never used this fun tape we have come up with some really fun and easy projects for kids here using it too. The boredom buster jar is fun and it gets your kids involved in thinking of simple things they enjoy doing at home.
Popsicle sticks are perfect for this and you get 100 or so for $1 at the Dollar Store. First have your kids come up with some simple ideas they would enjoy doing around the house.
She came up with several that were great that I hadn’t thought of….so starting with their ideas is best and build from there thinking of as many as possible that cost little to nothing to do, and many that can be done at home and don’t involve driving somewhere.
Here are some ideas she came up with:
- Here’s a list of 100+ indoor activities for kids to include
- Go for a nature walk around the neighborhood
- go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Make hop scotch in backyard using washi tape
- Bake cookies
- Make homemade playdough
- Draw pictures
- Egg carton crafts are fun
- Jump rope
- Play soccer in the backyard
- Make a care package for a friend
- Make a homemade gift for parents
- Go to the neighborhood park
- Watercolor paint at home
- Have a tea party
- Make jewelry with yarn and cereal
You can just use masking tape if that’s all you have, or just leave it plain. If you’re using washi tape then start at the bottom and with each new strip overlap it just slightly.
For more fun ideas and tips sign up for my free newsletter and follow me on Pinterest.