The best vegetarian chili recipe you can dump in a pot or in your crockpot and it’s done! Full of vegetables and a healthy chili even my kids love!
We eat chili a lot! It’s an easy and healthy meal idea that all 5 of us like and for the most part it’s inexpensive as well, 3 wins in my book! Since we eat it quite often I like to mix it up a bit so we don’t have the same one over and over. I must say this is the best vegetarian chili ever. 😉
- We aren’t vegetarians in general. But if I don’t have ground beef in the house, this is a great option.
Alone or over a bit of rice or baked potatoes this easy chili bean recipe is great.
Top it with some green onions or chives, serve it with a warm roll and it’s a really healthy chili. You can really load up it with vegetables if you like, or keep it simple.
No bean chili recipe
Like I said, you can load this easy vegetarian chili with lots of veggies when they are in season. Zucchini is a great addition. Keep it simple I say.
- It is a great base for a meatless chili that is great served as is or add on to when you see other fresh vegetables in season.
I used canned corn here but when corn is in season it is incredible using kernels off the cob instead.
You can make it in the crockpot too. We make our most popular 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe quite often in there but this one I tend to make on the stovetop and throw it all in.
If you are going to be gone for the day you could easily let it simmer in your slow cooker for 4-6 hours.
Best Vegetarian Chili
If you like a thicker chili you can add a small can of tomato sauce too. This to us is a fresh flavor that isn’t too heavy and great during the summertime too. Add beans if you like for a hearty vegetarian chili.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Best Vegetarian Chili
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 -3 tsp diced jalapenos I used canned already diced
- 1 tsp . minced garlic
- 1 can minced chiles I use canned
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 can corn or fresh kernels from 2 ears of corn, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes cut up tomatoes, add juice as well
- Add diced onion, bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, jalapenos, spices and chiles to a pot on low heat and saute until they are a bit soft. Add your cans of corn (drained), diced tomatoes, and whole tomatoes to the pot and simmer stirring intermittently for at least 15 minutes. Keeping it on a real low heat and simmering for a bit longer really brings out the flavors, so 20-25 is ideal if you have the time. If adding to crockpot saute veggies as stated above, then add to crockpot. Add other ingredients and put on low for 4-6 hours. Add cut up zucchini if you like when you add cans of tomatoes. If adding beans add with cans of tomatoes as well. Serve over rice or by itself.