3 bean chili crockpot recipe everyone in your family will love! You only need a few ingredients and you can make it a 4 bean chili too!
I have several easy chili recipes to share with you below but we will start with a simple crockpot 3 bean chili recipe here….you can make it 4 bean too if you like! One of my easy crockpot recipes that we make often and serve over rice.
Chili is one of our favorite meals. It’s hearty, warm during the cooler months, and inexpensive to make.
3 Bean Chili Recipe
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
I’ve made it on the stovetop and underneath in my slow cooker, thus the difference in appearances.
Also I use whatever beans I have so sometimes it has bright kidney beans and others have more white beans. Both are good.
You can really load this 3 bean chili up with added ingredients. If you like for instance you can dice green peppers or jalapenos too and add at the beginning. Or omit one ingredient if you don’t have it.
I like to use what I have at home so if you don’t have an onion don’t worry.It’s great with just the base of what is listed. 😉
If you love this easy crockpot 3 bean chili recipe you will love our most popular 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe here too!
Choose whether you want a 3 bean chili or 4 bean.
Your choice but maybe try it one way and add the 4th the next time and see which one you prefer. Both are easy to do and a hearty warm meal with Jiffy cornbread in a cast iron skillet.
I have added a can of corn too as you can see in the top picture and that adds a great flavor to this easy chili.
Made on the stovetop it can be ready in 20 minutes or so. Simmering longer brings out more of the flavor and softens the beans. If you’re in a hurry that works and still tastes great.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
3 bean chili
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- 1 can small white beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes juice included
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt or as desired
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 oz of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Optional * add 1 can of black beans drained
- Optional 1 can of corn drained
- Toppings * cheese or sour cream
- Precook ground beef, add this and vegetables, seasonings, tomatoes, broth and beans to your crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours on low or 5-6 hrs. on high. If you want it thinner and more soupy add a bit of water, for more spice dice up a poblano pepper and add in at the beginning. On the stovetop brown your meat and then add other ingredients, simmer for at least 20 minutes on low heat.