Clearing clutter in your home for the new year with this free monthly organization printable! November is time to purge the attic of old holiday decor.
I have made free monthly organization printables for you here on The Typical Mom, and this is clearing clutter from your home this Winter for November! I have all the other months as well that you can access on the link right above here and print out each one or just a few if you want. (originally published 10/17)
I started with this January purge checklist and it was so wildly popular that people asked me to do one for each month of the year….which brings us to this one, but if you are just beginning you still can download them all. 😉
I focus on different rooms of the house each month so you do not become overwhelmed and keep with it so by the end of the year you’ve touched each and every spot, including the attic! That is what I focused on this month because it is the time of year you’re getting out a lot of decorations for Fall and Christmas soon so it is nice to purge before you put them all back later.
Let’s be honest….there are always items you’ve been given by your dear ol’ mother in law or someone else that you never really cared for and is taking up space because you know good and well you will never put it on display in your house.
I am sure there is someone who will adore it and will love it on their door so let it go to a better home shall we!! The office is a good place to tackle too. In my May monthly chore chart I tackle the office too, so it’s been a while and it’s time to focus on that again!
Here’s what I did to start clearing clutter and get organized:
- I put together a home organization binder
- You just print out each month from my organization printables page
- Put each one in a sheet protector
- Use a wet erase markers to check off when you’ve cleaned and/or purged the things on each list
- Wipe it clean with a wet wipe (we all have those)
- Re use these free cleaning printables again year after year!
Here are two versions of this free clearing clutter printable for you, one is above and the other is black and white.
Let me go over a few things on this home organization printable:
- Decorations and decor – usually these are kept in the basement or attic. Go thru each box and have a bag for donating and one for throwing away if you find something that is broken and you cannot repair it. Of course keep the sentimental pieces but decide how many boxes you have room for and only keep what fits in those boxes each year.
- Slowly purge the items each year that you may not care for and add the ones that have special meaning to you.
- Replace cardboard boxes with plastic tubs so critters and/or moisture cannot get in them and destroy your special things.
- Then order a few ornament storage containers and replace the boxes those are in so they don’t get ruined either. When you take out your ornaments in a month you’ll have them ready and can immediately throw away the original boxes they were in. You’ll only have to order these once and you’ll be glad you did it from then on.
- Replace damaged wires – you may need to call in an electrician for household wires but checking simple plugs for t.v.s in the basement and lamps down there are important too.
- Organize tax documents – you’ll be glad you spent a bit of time on this since it is close to the end of the year. At least put all your receipts in one manila envelope marked for that year so in a few months you have them all together. put data into Quicken so it is easier to calculate when the time comes.
- Order a new desk calendar for the new year – yes I put appointments in my phone but it has helped so much to have a large desk calendar to see things quickly as well and they aren’t expensive.
Looking for other things that need to be done at the end of the year??
- Check your home air quality and learn how to improve it
- If you’re ready for another lis to go through here’s our Fall cleaning checklist
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉