Summer is over and it’s time to put together this Back to School Teacher Survival Kit! Here are the free printables and list of things you will need.
It’s about that time!! When new teachers are assigned it is fun to put together this Back to School Teacher survival kit. It’s a great way to break the ice and put a smile on both of their faces. I know it feels like summertime just began but it’s nearing the end and the new school year is about to begin. I have three daughters. One is starting college and two are in middle school together. Although they aren’t babies anymore they still get a bit nervous on the first day. We hope you enjoy these free printables too. 😉 This post was sponsored by Lysol® at Walgreens. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own. (originally published 7/17, affiliate links present)
- I will start by saying I was a teacher for five years and loved it!
When I got pregnant with my second daughter (seen here) I took some time off but remember those days well.
I taught little ones and I will tell you that I did not have a cupboard without a can of Lysol® Disinfectant Spray and Disinfecting Wipes in them! Lifesavers I tell you!
At the beginning of each new school year I could barely take a bathroom break during the day. SO the wipes were perfect to quickly wipe things down and know they were killing germs at the same time.
Each morning I would spray the inside and outside door handles with Lysol spray to prevent illnesses from affecting any of us. There was no time for sick days. 😉
- We offer a lot of back to school printables like back to school bingo , back to school checklist and more. This one has probably been the most popular!
Of course I had to include both of these necessities in our back-to-school teachers gift, here’s what else is included and what you’ll need:
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray
- Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes in Lemon
- Personalize it using this free disinfecting wipes label (seen below)
- Water bottle
- Cute pad for taking notes
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- A sweet treat – we put mini marshmallows inside the empty water bottle
- Free printable Back To School Teacher Survival Kit label
- Handwritten note from your child introducing themselves – it will make them smile
- Container – I bought a food storage container at Walgreens when I purchased these other items
They love this!!
Now that I have kids of my own I know just how important it is to tackle those pesky germs. It is important to make sure there are no missed days of school. I treat my house the same way as my classroom. You can find these same Lysol® products in every cupboard in my home. What can I say, they work!
- For teachers it’s a double whammy. I want THEM to stay well throughout the year too so they’re present for my child in the classroom. AND I want my child to stay healthy.
That’s where this Back to School Teacher Survival Kit comes in handy. (and makes a cute gift)
Your kids will have fun putting these fun gifts together. Then it’s on to prepare for the year to start in your home!
With a new year also comes new responsibilities in our house. Everyone contributes, that’s our rule.
- Of course depending on their age they should have different responsibilities. That’s why it’s important to assign age appropriate chores.
This year I thought it would be more fun to create these chore reward cards!
It is the same idea but when it comes to kids, fun is a big factor right??!!
We came up with a list of things they’d like to earn and a value for each one. Some were worth 5 punches, and others (like a trip to the roller rink with a friend) would cost 10 punches. They loved it!
Easy chores for kids to start with when you start this process are:
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Filling and starting the dishwasher using dishwasher packs
- Emptying trash cans in the house
- Wiping the countertops and tables with Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes
- Moping the floor (my girls actually enjoy this)
Now that you have the free printables you need, you just have to head to Walgreens to get everything else! Another bonus to including these items is that Lysol® is the exclusive Household Cleaning Products Brand to partner with Box Tops for Education!
- Does your school participate in this fantastic program?? I’m sure they do!!
I was in charge of our school’s program a few years ago and they earned a lot of money just by collecting these itty bitty labels and sending them in! It’s a great way to help support your school…..One Clean Surface at a Time! If your child’s school doesn’t have a program in place, ask if you can coordinate one. It takes very little effort and there are great rewards to be had. 😉