This is how you make a zucchini noodles and shrimp casserole! This simple seafood dinner idea is a favorite at our house substituting vegetable noodles instead of traditional pasta. If you’ve never made zucchini zoodles before you are in for a real treat. A cheesy seafood dish you’re whole family will love.
Doesn’t this look amazing??!! Zucchini noodles and shrimp casserole is really easy to do and a great alternative to traditional pasta! If you’ve never made zucchini noodles or zoodles as some people say you are in for a real treat. It is easy, full of flavor, and only takes 25 minutes in the oven! Forget knowing how to season your shrimp perfectly too because we have a tip on where you can grab the most delicious shrimp imaginable that is already smothered in garlic and parmesan…perfect atop our vegetable noodles. If you’re looking for a smart seafood dinner idea you can throw together this week, this is a fabulous one. Special thanks goes out to Gorton’s Seafood for sponsoring this post so we could share our recipe with you. 😉
This is what you will need…simple right??
I am all about easy dinner ideas here at The Typical Mom. One thing all 5 of us love is seafood! I don’t always have a lot of time to cook, so anything that can help me make a yummy meal in about 30 minutes I’m thankful for.
That’s where this Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi comes in handy. With a spiralizer, a few fresh zucchini, and my 2 baked perfect oven bags full of shrimp that are already seasoned to perfection I am set to create a yummy dinner.
It’s actually a great meal to cook together too because kids love to create these “noodles” made out of zucchini. Gets them involved which I love. You can use really as many zucchini’s as you want but 1 large and 1 smaller one seems plenty to fill our casserole dish, and enough to fill 4-5 people.
If you have never made zoodles before here are great step by step photos on how to make zucchini noodles, I guarantee you’ll love them!
See the creamy sauce that the shrimp are bathed in, it comes this way!! Using Gorton’s handy oven ready pouches, you just put them straight from the box into the oven and let them do their thing while you’re making your zoodles.
It really is that easy and you need very few ingredients to make our easy zucchini noodles and shrimp casserole (that’s what we like to call it).
- Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi (found in the freezer section at your local grocery store)
- 2 zucchini
- Olive oil
- Parmesan & mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
The shrimp comes complete with garlic and parmesan mixed within but we like to top every meal we can with a bit of additional cheeses…but that is totally optional. Pop your zucchini noodle casserole in the oven, top with your creamy shrimp mixture, sprinkle with a little parsley to garnish and you’re done!
The perfect weekday dinner idea. 😉
Another way to use your frozen shrimp is to make this Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta.
Here’s a printable version of this easy seafood recipe
Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp
- 1 box Gorton's Bake Shrimp Scampi (use both packages inside)
- 2 zucchini (4 cups spiralized)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1.5 c mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 350 and put both packages of Gorton's shrimp in with the window side up. Set timer for 25 minutes.
- Use spiralizer on a thick setting to make 4 cups of zoodles...zucchini noodles.
- Put zucchini noodles in a bowl and use a paper towel to pat dry and absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Add olive oil , garlic, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper and massage into noodles gently so they are coated.
- Put noodles into a small casserole dish (6x9) topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and put into oven for 18 minutes (so put in when your shrimp still needs 18 more minutes to cook).
- Take shrimp and casserole out (once cheese has completely melted on your casserole).
- Put shrimp on top and serve reserving some liquid from packets to spoon on top of each person's serving!