These sweet Sriracha baked chicken wings are the best! The perfect appetizer that’s so crispy but moist inside with an amazing sweet and spicy sauce.
I. Love. Wings! Ok, so my whole family does and it’s a great appetizer to serve when people come over. They’re just so hard to resist! Try these sweet Sriracha baked chicken wings and let us know what you think. Sponsored by SweetLeaf®. (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
Spicy Chicken Wings
I know, amazing right??!! They are really easy to do too. There are two steps to this process. Making the sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce with sweetener, and baking crispy chicken wings.
- You can mix up the sauce while they’re in the oven. We will start with how to make the best chicken wings first.
You will need a baking sheet, tinfoil, a rack (to keep the wings off the pan), baking powder and salt. I know, sounds different but follow me here.
Baked Chicken Wings
To make them extra crispy you do NOT want them to be directly on your cookie sheet. This cooling rack (the one I have) is important to elevate them a bit.
Drying them off is important as well after you’ve rinsed them. Then you’re going to shake them up in a bag with a mixture of baking powder and salt to keep them dry in the oven. THIS is how to create that ultra crispy texture.
They are close to the texture of air fryer chicken wings but if you don’t have this appliance, you can bake them
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
The nice thing about these sweet and spicy baked wings is you can adjust the sweetness and heat to your liking!
The recipe I included above is perfect for us but if you want it a bit sweeter just add a bit more Stevia or honey. Be gentle when adding more Sriracha it can kick up some serious HEAT! 😉
You can use Tbsps. of sugar or just 1 packet (or 2 if you want it sweeter) for your sauce. It’s already measured out for you which is nice, and you can keep the rest to sweeten up your tea or coffee later. 😉
Once you have the sweet Sriracha sauce to your liking you’re ready to sauce your wings once they come out of the oven! Toss them if you want a generous amount, or brush just a bit on to look pretty on my tray.
Serve with a light drink like lemonade and these sweet Sriracha baked chicken wings are the perfect appetizer.
Spicy Baked Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings
- Baking powder
- White wine vinegar
- Garlic Salt
Time needed: 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Spicy Chicken Wings
Rinse wings and place on paper towel. Pat dry to remove all water.
Add baking powder and salt to large freezer bag. Put wings into bag and shake until all wings are coated.
I like to do half wings and half the amt. of baking powder and salt to make sure all are well coated.
Line cookie sheet with foil and place cooling rack on top of that. Spray cooling rack well with non stick spray.
Line coated wings on rack and place on low rack in oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees.
Then rotate pan and move to middle/higher rack in oven and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
Rotate the pan once more and continue cooking on middle/top rack for an additional 20 minutes. Sweetener. Toss sauce and wings in a bowl or brush on, serve!
- Mix sauce
For the sauce mix your mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, vinegar, garlic salt, and paprika together.
Add 1 packet of sweetener or 1 Tbsp honey to taste.
Try our lemon pepper chicken wings air fryer style too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Spicy Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings if using more just double this recipe
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Sweet Sriracha Sauce
- 1-2 packets stevia 1/2 – 1 tsp. depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Chives to top when done – optional
- 1 squeeze lime when done – optional
- Rinse wings and place on paper towel. Pat dry to remove water.
- Add baking powder and salt to large freezer bag.
- Add wings to bag and shake until all wings are coated (I like to do half wings and half the amt. of baking powder and salt to make sure all are well coated).
- Line cookie sheet with foil and place cooling rack on top of that. Spray cooling rack well with non stick spray.
- Line coated wings on rack and place on low rack in oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Then rotate pan and move to middle/higher rack in oven and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan once more and continue cooking on middle/top rack for an additional 20 minutes. Done!
- For the sauce mix your mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, vinegar, garlic salt, and paprika together.
- Add 1 packet of SweetLeaf Stevia Sweetener (1/2 tsp. if you use their Sweetener Shaker), taste, if you want it a bit sweeter add 1 more packet or 1/2 tsp. additional Sweetener. Toss sauce and wings in a bowl or brush on, serve!