Easy recipe for pineapple salsa is here. Takes less than 5 minutes to dice these fresh ingredients to make a colorful pineapple salsa appetizer.
This recipe for pineapple salsa includes a lot of the goodies I found this week in our produce section. It’s so yummy! Let me show you how to make it. It’s great when guests come over or just when you have an urge for something sweet with a little spice! 😉 Sponsored by Hunt’s.
Just dice everything as fine or as chunky as you prefer. If you’d like the jalapeño to be softer you can boil or steam it first.
The great thing about this recipe for pineapple salsa is that you can adjust it to just the way you like it. If you like really spicy things, then dice the whole jalapeño and throw that baby in. If you like super mild then leave it out all together!
- Now after all of this is in your bowl you will want to cut the pineapple chunks in fourths. I bought a whole pineapple and cut it up into chunks, easy to do you can see how here!
- There is a great use for the outside of the pineapple as well if you’re planning on making chicken, check out this fantastic recipe using the pineapple skin!
Most of what I used came fresh from the produce section of Walmart, and there are 3 other necessary ingredients to this recipe that make it really tasty….let me show you everything you’ll need!
You can find everything while you’re shopping at Walmart. We have a Super Center so they have all the fresh produce we will need, and the other few ingredients on their shelves too.
The jalapeño, red pepper, lime, red onion, and cilantro can be found with the fresh fruits and vegetables (they were out of cilantro so I grabbed some in their spice section this time).
- The last, and probably most important item you’ll need, is the can of Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes.
There are many varieties of Hunt’s diced tomatoes that I use for a variety of things (including our weekly favorite, crockpot chili recipe), but the petite variety is best for this pineapple salsa recipe because of their small size. You can find it here by the canned vegetables at Walmart.
First thing first, get out your cutting board, a knife for dicing, and a measuring cup (1 cup size). You could use your food processor for this recipe but quite frankly I don’t think it takes much longer than 5 minutes to dice everything.
It takes longer to put together and clean my processor so I prefer to just do it myself. 😉
If you want to cook it to get deeper flavors then;
- If you’re using fresh vegetables, this is how to roast tomatoes first
- Add all ingredients other than lime juice into a pot
- Simmer on low/medium heat for about 5 minutes once it starts to continuously bubble
- Stir regularly so it doesn’t burn
- Cook until bell peppers are as soft as you’d like them
- Remove and serve or put in fridge to cool down
- Squeeze lime on top before serving
- Could add a few more small pcs. of chilled pineapple to the top before serving too
Recipe for Pineapple Salsa
- You can either dice all of the following items or use a food processor and throw them all in to be diced: 1/2 jalapeno (more if you want it spicier), 1/3 red bell pepper, 1/4 red onion, and cilantro.
- Add 1 cup of Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes & pineapple chunks you have cut in fourths (each piece) to the diced mixture.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime juice and salt (to taste but about 1/2 tsp) to mixture and you’re done!
- If you want a cooked salsa then add everything except the lime juice on the stovetop over medium heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes continuously until the bell peppers are as soft as you’d like them.
You will want 2 cups of the diced pineapple, and 1 cup of the Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes for this recipe. Since the tomatoes are already cut into petite chunks there is NO work on your part (love that), just measure and dump those yummy bits in!
Now you just need a dash of salt and cilantro to add to the taste (about 1 tsp. cilantro and a pinch of salt, do it according to your taste), squeeze 1/2 a lime on top, mix, and you are done.
Not only does this recipe for pineapple salsa taste amazing but it looks super fresh and colorful too….great to take to parties or serve when guests come over!
For more fun and delicious recipe using Hunt’s diced tomatoes, take a look at their website.
What’s your favorite recipe using diced tomatoes?