Cauliflower steak air fryer and baked directions are here! Try this low carb healthy vegetable side dish in your Ninja Foodi, Cosori or oven.
If you love vegetables and vegetarian air fryer recipes this cauliflower steaks air fryer recipe will be up your alley. With a little olive oil and your favorite seasonings you too can make this easy side dish for dinner too. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes we have shared on The Typical Mom blog lately. (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
We have an AirWave, Cosori and you can make these as Ninja Foodi cauliflower steaks too. You just need one of these nifty hot air machines with a basket to get it tender yet crispy on the edges. BUT even if you don’t have one I’ve included oven directions below too.
Yes we have made air fryer cauliflower before, but those were florets and not slices like you see here. The same basic taste of course but these look prettier and get a different texture because they’re thinner. You really can’t go wrong with any of our air fryer vegetable recipes I tell you, the best way to cook them by far.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
How to cut cauliflower steaks
This isn’t rocket science folks. Yes it is going to kinda’ crumble, that is okay. First off use a sharp knife, that will help you get a nice smooth slice.
The thicker they are the longer it will take to get tender in the middle. Longer it takes the crispier it gets on the edges, but I like that personally.
Figure you’ll get about 6 pieces per head of cauliflower. I could eat two as an entire meal myself honestly if I wanted a vegetarian dinner idea. I do that every now and then. Whether you make these oven baked or as an easy Ninja foodi recipe it turns out great.
Use whatever seasonings you would normally add if you just were cooking florets. If you want to make these chimichurri <—–I’d use this olive oil blend and brush it on each piece before (and maybe after too) cooking.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Below there’s a mixture of EIGHT seasonings that you likely already have in your cupboard. This mixture makes for a salty and bold blend and is easy to just sprinkle it on to your delight after a bit of olive oil so it will all stick nicely. You want to keep these nice and moist so the middles are nice and fork tender when done.
What does cauliflower steak taste like?
Literally, it takes the same as if you made it in smaller pieces. This white vegetable is somewhat flavorless other than what you put on it, that is why we kinda’ load it up. Just because they are flat instead of florets doesn’t change the flavor of the veggie overall. I mean that does make sense.
- Head of fresh cauliflower, remove green leaves and base. Use sharp knife to slice into pieces
- Olive oil
- Old Bay is the bomb y’all
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
A baking sheet if using the oven, or just your air fryer basket will be needed to cook. A pastry brush is helpful to brush on the oil.
Ninja Foodi Cauliflower Steaks
You can use any brand of pot you have on hand, they all basically work the same. I have a few different ones at home and use several at the same time if I’m making different things and don’t want to heat up the entire house.
- ** Air fryer **
- First preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- ** Oven ** Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- On a cutting board use a very sharp knife to slice each cauliflower head into 1″ flat pieces.
- It will fall apart a bit and that is okay, push them aside and you can cook those later.
- Lay them a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lay vegetable steaks on top. Brush olive or avocado oil on both sides of all slices.
- In a small bowl mix together seasonings (except parsley). Sprinkle on all pieces on both sides so it sticks well.
- ** In air fryer **
- Lay as many pieces inside your basket that will fit without overlapping
- Air fry at 375 F for 7 minutes flipping halfway thru. (14 – 15 minutes total) Or until they are as tender as you’d like them to be and browned on the outside. Thick slices will take longer. Cook in batches until done.
- ** In the oven **
- Bake at 250 for about 20 minutes cook time or until tender and browned on the outside. Can increase to 400 degrees for last few minutes to really crisp edges.
- Garnish with diced fresh parsley.
Many like a fresh squeeze of lime on top when served, try it!
Air Fry Cauliflower Steaks
Want to try something spicier?? We made spicy buffalo air fryer cauliflower wings here too which may just knock your socks off in a good way. Want to bake them? NO problem, follow our baked cauliflower recipe with a yummy sauce on top and let us know what you think!
Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Cauliflower Steak Air Fryer
- ** Air fryer ** Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. ** Oven ** Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- On a cutting board use a very sharp knife to slice into 1" thick pieces. It will fall apart a bit and that is okay, push smaller pieces aside and you can cook those later to enjoy.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper lay steaks on top. Use a brush to add oil on both sides of all slices.
- In a small bowl mix together all seasonings (except parsley) listed. Sprinkle seasonings on all pieces on both sides so it sticks well.
- ** In air fryer ** Lay as many of your now coated pieces inside your basket that will fit without overlapping. Air fry at 375 F for 7 minutes on each side, so 14 minutes total….or until they are as tender as you'd like them to be and as browned on the outside as you want. Continue cooking in batches.
- ** In the oven ** Leave on baking sheet and bake at 250 F for about 20 minutes or until the same…tender and browned on the outside.
- Garnish with diced fresh parsley and squeeze lime juice on top of each slice. Enjoy.