The best garlic bread recipe that is super easy and you can make it spicy too! The perfect side dish to spaghetti or meatloaf we say. Try our spicy cheese bread tonight!
Do you buy store bought garlic bread there in the bakery section, seriously….just don’t. It is so easy to make the best garlic bread recipe and you can customize it according to whether you want it fiery or just super garlicy, or tame. Customizing it to your liking is the key when it comes to this favorite side dish everyone loves. (originally published 3/14)
We have two different best garlic bread recipe ideas below, one is a spicy cheese bread like you see here and the other is tame but has plenty of garlic.
For this spicy garlic bread you will need:
- Loaf of french bread – make sure it is not day old, fresh
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Garlic dipping oil – this one is seriously the best
- Crushed red pepper
Once you prepare it they’ll look something like this.
Like I said, you can make this spicy cheese bread as hot or mild as you like it. I don’t like really spicy foods but I like a lot of flavor and a bit of a kick so I add just a touch of cayenne pepper to the bread and make it a bit heavier on the other half for my husband and youngest daughter to enjoy together.
Things to make with the best garlic bread recipe
- Instant Pot spaghetti – our fave and very popular on our site
- Make this smoked burgers recipe and use this cheese bread as a bun….OH MY I can’t even tell you how good it is!!
- This buffalo baked cauliflower recipe is fiery too if you want a meatless meal
Here is the printable recipe for spicy cheese bread.
Best Garlic Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cut loaf in half.
- Mix butter, olive oil, garlic powder and cayenne together and spread evenly on both halves of your french bread.
- Put loaf back together and wrap in tinfoil.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, lay each half face up on baking sheet, top with cheeses, parsley and red pepper and broil for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with garlic dipping oil.
For an easy garlic bread recipe I use an even mixture of the 3 things here.
- Butter – 1/2 stick room temp
- Minced garlic – 2 tbsp depending on how strong you like it
- Parmesan cheese – 1/4 blended together + some to sprinkle on top of each half
- Sprinkle of garlic salt for more garlic flavor
I don’t like to melt the butter rather I prefer to soften it to room temp and then use a fork to blend all 3 items together. Mix all together and spread across the bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Wrap it in tinfoil and put in a 300 oven or convection for about 15-20 minutes until everything is melted, then cut into pieces.