Quick meatloaf recipe that your whole family will enjoy. You can change it up a bit too if you have other things on hand but this is the basics.
I know everyone has their way of making a quick meatloaf recipe, I am no different. Many of us learned the basics from our moms and over the years have changed it up a bit. If you need some help though, we’re here to help. (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
Meatloaf recipe with onion soup mix and Worcestershire
- If you’ve followed me on The Typical Mom blog at all you know I am all about easy recipes!
This meatloaf recipe from Lipton Onion Soup Mix is one I make pretty often and really the only way I have altered it is to make it in a muffin tin rather than a loaf pan. We love muffin tin recipes because they cook faster and I love the crunchy outside part.
- Cooked in a muffin pan you get that crusty crunch around each and every piece. To me it makes these bites oh so good.
- The kids love anything made in smaller portions too
- Tt’s great when I have less time too because they cook in literally 15 minutes or so.
This is what it is kinda’ going to look like when you combine everything together.
Quick meatloaf recipe
- Large bowl to combine ingredients
- Ground beef
- Bread crumbs
- French onion soup mix packet
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Can add
- grated carrot
- diced mushrooms
On the top you could brush 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce on before baking. This will do two things; add flavor and kinda’ crisp up the top with that flavor giving it even more texture.
Super easy to make a meatloaf muffin tin batch too. Just take your pick. Either way this is a really quick meatloaf recipe that you’re sure not to mess up!
- If you love this simple recipe you’ve got to try our meatball muffins. Use this same recipe but they’re surrounded by biscuitW
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Mix your ground beef egg meat mixture together in a small bowl with your hands. This works better to combine it well. (just make sure to take off rings first)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then fill the foil lined loaf pan, or muffin tin. (in our household the latter is our favorite way to cook it)
Put it in your convection oven or oven. Bake for 25 minutes for a loaf pan, or about 15 minutes for muffin tin meatloaf.
Of course ovens vary so cook time may be a few minutes different. You want a golden brown color on top but tender in the middle.
Spoon a few tablespoons ketchup on top (with a sprinkle of brown sugar is good too) and enjoy.
- You can use this recipe to make basic meatballs as well!
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this;
We will share with you here! This is how to cook meatloaf in the oven but we also have an air fryer meatloaf recipe as well. Just use hamburger, binding ingredients and lots of seasonings.
You may usually choose a low fat ground beef, but for this you want more. It will keep it moist and allow all ingredients to bind together easier so it doesn’t fall apart.
If you don’t have enough binding agents such as eggs and bread crumbs it will likely fall apart.
Yes it is. It should be 160 degrees F in the very center but since the base is beef and not pork or chicken it is safe for it to be a bit on the underdone side.
When you make smoked meatloaf the color on the inside is likely pink, depending on the type of pellets or chips used.
Quick meatloaf recipe
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Printable recipe is below with nutritional information such as saturated fat etc… Amounts will vary depending on what % fat was in your hamburger.
Quick Meatloaf Recipe
- Mix all items together well, using your hands works best. Put in loaf pan and cook at 350 for about 25 minutes or until middle is the desired “doneness” for you.
- If you cook it in a muffin pan check at around minute 12 to see how done they are.
- Everyone is different as far as how pink they want their meatloaf to be so just check and mark down the time that works best for you but this is a good gauge.
- If you'd like some bbq sauce on top, spoon or brush 1/2 c sauce on top about 3 min. before it's done to bake it on top of your loaf pan meatloaf.