Quick meatloaf recipe that your whole family will enjoy. You can change it up a bit too with onions or other things you may have on hand but these are the basic ingredients you should start with.
An easy meatloaf recipe with few ingredients we have made for years and passed down for generations. Make into a loaf or this is how to cook meatballs with this to add into spaghetti or eat as a low carb dinner.
I know everyone has their way of making a quick meatloaf recipe, I am no different. Many of us learned the basics from our moms and over the years have changed it up a bit. If you need some help though, we’re here to help. (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
Meatloaf recipe with onion soup mix and Worcestershire
If you’ve followed me on The Typical Mom blog at all you know I am all about easy recipes! This meatloaf recipe from Lipton Onion Soup Mix is one I make pretty often and really the only way I have altered it is to make it in a muffin tin rather than a loaf pan. I have made them into balls too if I am in a rush.
That way you get the same flavors you love but with more of a crispy crust all the way around the outsides. We love making them into muffin tin recipes too because they cook faster and I love the crunchy outside part.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe with Few Ingredients
That is right, just a few. You likely have all the ingredients in the cupboard. For the optional items you might need to visit the store for some diced and/or shredded veggies.
- Cooked in a muffin pan you get that crusty crunch around each and every piece. To me it makes these bites oh so good.
- The kids love anything made in smaller portions too
- Tt’s great when I have less time too because they cook in literally 15 minutes or so.
This is what it is kinda’ going to look like when you combine everything together.
Best meatloaf ever! Will knock your socks off
If you wanted a lower fat option you could use ground turkey or chicken but I do not recommend it. Those have very different textures that aren’t super appetizing and you will likely need to add more binder into the mix so it isn’t as sticky.
- Large bowl to combine ingredients
- Ground beef
- Bread crumbs
- French onion soup mix packet
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Can add
- grated carrot
- diced mushrooms
On the top you could brush 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce on before baking. This will do two things; add flavor and kinda’ crisp up the top with that flavor giving it even more texture.
Super easy to make a meatloaf muffin tin batch too. Just take your pick. Either way this is a really quick meatloaf recipe that you’re sure not to mess up!
If you love this simple recipe you’ve got to try our meatball muffins. Use this same recipe but they’re surrounded by biscuit. This is how to make this one and then you can tweak it to your liking from there;
1 lb meatloaf cook time
- Mix your ground beef egg meat mixture together in a small bowl with your hands.
- This works better to combine it well. (just make sure to take off rings first)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then fill the foil lined loaf pan, or muffin tin. (in our household the latter is our favorite way to cook it)
- Put it in your convection oven or oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a loaf pan
- or about 15 minutes for muffin tin meatloaf.
- Of course ovens vary so cook time may be a few minutes different. You want a golden brown color on top but tender in the middle.
- Spoon a few tablespoons ketchup on top (with a sprinkle of brown sugar is good too) and enjoy.
You can use this recipe to make basic meatballs as well with this same mix.
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this;
How do I make meatloaf from scratch?
We will share with you here! This is how to cook meatloaf in the oven but we also have an air fryer meatloaf recipe as well. Just use hamburger, binding ingredients and lots of seasonings.
You may usually choose a low fat ground beef, but for this you want more. It will keep it moist and allow all ingredients to bind together easier so it doesn’t fall apart.
If you don’t have enough binding agents such as eggs and bread crumbs it will likely fall apart.
Yes it is. It should be 160 degrees F in the very center but since the base is beef and not pork or chicken it is safe for it to be a bit on the underdone side.
When you make meatloaf in a smoker the color on the inside is likely pink, depending on the type of pellets or chips used.
If you want to make this really easily try our pressure cooker meatloaf and mashed potatoes recipe. For a bacon and cheese smoked meatloaf recipe try this one.
Quick meatloaf recipe
Printable recipe is below with nutritional information such as saturated fat etc… Amounts will vary depending on what % fat was in your hamburger.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Quick Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 c Bread crumbs more if too wet
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese optional
- 1/2 c mushrooms sliced, optional
- 1/2 c carrot grated, optional
- 1/2 c onion diced, optional
- Mix all items together well, using your hands works best. Put in loaf pan and cook at 350 for about 25 minutes or until middle is the desired “doneness” for you.
- If you cook it in a muffin pan check at around minute 12 to see how done they are.
- Everyone is different as far as how pink they want their meatloaf to be so just check and mark down the time that works best for you but this is a good gauge.
- If you'd like some bbq sauce on top, spoon or brush 1/2 c sauce on top about 3 min. before it's done to bake it on top of your loaf pan meatloaf.
Tuesday 1st of March 2022
Made as large muffins & the taste was great. Hard to find a great meatloaf - thank you.
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 2nd of March 2022
Tuesday 14th of December 2021
How much garlic powder do you put in
Monday 23rd of November 2020
Its beyond me how people just cant help themselves and have to critique and try to add items to a recipes. If you dont like this version then just move on to a version you do like and make that recipe. No need to comment with negative views. OR better yet blog about your version of recipes on your own. OR dont make a snarky comment and add your own twist in your own home. I really dont need your NEGATIVE feedback. THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND TAKING THE TIME TO POST IT!!
Cheryl A Inness
Saturday 19th of December 2020
I made this and my husband loved it. I'm making again today
Sunday 12th of April 2020
Has anyone tried with plant based ground meat?
Tuesday 10th of March 2020
It was really good, but it definitely needed to have ketchup on top before putting it in the oven.