Quick meatloaf recipe that your whole family will enjoy. You can change it up a bit too with onions or other things you may have on hand but these are the basic ingredients you should start with.
An easy meatloaf recipe with few ingredients we have made for years and passed down for generations. Make into a loaf or this is how to cook meatballs with this to add into spaghetti or eat as a low carb dinner. I know everyone has their way of making a quick meatloaf recipe, I am no different. Many of us learned the basics from our moms and over the years have changed it up a bit. If you need some help though, we’re here to help. (affiliate links present)
Meatloaf recipe with onion soup mix and Worcestershire
If you’ve followed me on The Typical Mom blog at all you know I am all about easy recipes! This meatloaf recipe from Lipton Onion Soup Mix is one I make pretty often and really the only way I have altered it is to make it in a muffin tin rather than a loaf pan. I have made them into balls too if I am in a rush.
How long to cook meatloaf at 400 is a bit quicker than this and will get the top a bit crispier too. 350 below keeps everything tender. If I am added a sauce on the top I like a bit higher temp. to caramelize that a little bit.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe with Few Ingredients
That way you get the same flavors you love but with more of a crispy crust all the way around the outsides. We love making them into muffin tin recipes too because they cook faster and I love the crunchy outside part.
That is right, just a few. You likely have all the ingredients in the cupboard. For the optional items you might need to visit the store for some diced and/or shredded veggies.
- Cooked in a muffin pan you get that crusty crunch around each and every piece. To me it makes these bites oh so good.
- The kids love anything made in smaller portions too
- Tt’s great when I have less time too because they cook in literally 15 minutes or so.
This is what it is kinda’ going to look like when you combine everything together.
Best meatloaf ever! Will knock your socks off
If you wanted a lower fat option you could use ground turkey or chicken but I do not recommend it. Those have very different textures that aren’t super appetizing and you will likely need to add more binder into the mix so it isn’t as sticky.
- Large bowl to combine ingredients
- Ground beef
- Bread crumbs
- French onion soup mix packet
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Can add
- grated carrot
- diced mushrooms
On the top you could brush 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce on before baking. This will do two things; add flavor and kinda’ crisp up the top with that flavor giving it even more texture.
Super easy to make a meatloaf muffin tin batch too. Just take your pick. Either way this is a really quick meatloaf recipe that you’re sure not to mess up!
If you love this simple recipe you’ve got to try our meatball muffins. Use this same recipe but they’re surrounded by biscuit. This is how to make this one and then you can tweak it to your liking from there;
1 lb meatloaf cook time
- Mix your ground beef egg meat mixture together in a small bowl with your hands.
- This works better to combine it well. (just make sure to take off rings first)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then fill the foil lined loaf pan, or muffin tin. (in our household the latter is our favorite way to cook it)
- Put it in your convection oven or oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a loaf pan
- or about 15 minutes for muffin tin meatloaf.
- Of course ovens vary so cook time may be a few minutes different. You want a golden brown color on top but tender in the middle.
- Spoon a few tablespoons ketchup on top (with a sprinkle of brown sugar is good too) and enjoy.
You can use this recipe to make basic meatballs as well with this same mix.
How do I make meatloaf from scratch?
We will share with you here! This is how to cook meatloaf in the oven but we also have an air fryer meatloaf recipe as well. Just use hamburger, binding ingredients and lots of seasonings. Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this;
You may usually choose a low fat ground beef, but for this you want more. It will keep it moist and allow all ingredients to bind together easier so it doesn’t fall apart.
If you don’t have enough binding agents such as eggs and bread crumbs it will likely fall apart.
Yes it is. It should be 160 degrees F in the very center but since the base is beef and not pork or chicken it is safe for it to be a bit on the underdone side.
When you make meatloaf in a smoker the color on the inside is likely pink, depending on the type of pellets or chips used.
Quick meatloaf recipe
Printable recipe is below with nutritional information such as saturated fat etc… Amounts will vary depending on what % fat was in your hamburger.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Quick Meatloaf Recipe
- Mix all items together well, using your hands works best. Put in loaf pan and cook at 350 for about 25 minutes or until middle is the desired “doneness” for you.
- If you cook it in a muffin pan check at around minute 12 to see how done they are.
- Everyone is different as far as how pink they want their meatloaf to be so just check and mark down the time that works best for you but this is a good gauge.
- If you'd like some bbq sauce on top, spoon or brush 1/2 c sauce on top about 3 min. before it's done to bake it on top of your loaf pan meatloaf.