The cutest St. Patrick’s Day treats with pots of gold made out of pretzels and chocolate! Great rainbow dessert that kids can make themselves and can be used as a rainbow craft too.
What’s more fun on the day of the leprechaun than to make St. Patrick’s Day treats! These pot of gold pretzels are SO easy to do and bring a smile to anyone’s face on that day…or any other. So simple even kids can make them which is perfect for an activity on that green day. If you’re looking for an edible rainbow treat this one is perfect! (affiliate links present, originally published 1/17)
St. Patrick’s Day Treats
Aren’t these just too adorable! Just four things you need to make this pot of gold St Patricks Day dessert and like I said, the kids can assemble them themselves. Just grab a plate and put each item on it and let them go!
It is fun to incorporate rainbow desserts and activities when this day arrives and sometimes the simplest ones are the biggest hits! I think this one falls in that category. 😉 Here are the things you will need to create them:
Leprechaun Pot of Gold
Use a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and lay down pretzels. Add 1 rolo candy in the corner of each one and put in oven at 250 degrees for 2-3 minutes, just enough so that the chocolate adheres to the pretzel.
Take out and immediately add edible glitter to top of rolo and put 1 rainbow airhead leaning up against the rolo. Edible pots of gold you have, and super delicious too. Who doesn’t love a salty and sweet dessert?
If you love these fun rainbow desserts you should try some of our other St. Patrick’s day crafts and activities for kids.
- Rainbow weaving art craft is fun, or color a printable shamrock and decorate doors or make garland out of them
- St.Patrick’s Day word search
- Lots more St. Patrick’s Day crafts
St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- 30 pretzels square shape is best
- 30 rolos
- 10 air heads rainbow colored
- Lay pretzels on baking sheet with 1 rolo on top of each one.
- Preheat oven to 350 and set inside for just 1 minutes so the outside melts just a bit so you can cut the air head piece that has been cut into thirds over the top and have the sides stick.
- Allow to cool so they stick, enjoy
- * Or for no bake just set rolo on top of each one and fill the top with gold sprinkles. Slice rainbow air heads candies into 1" pieces and set one in front of each chocolate caramel candy.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉