If you are looking for a yummy and easy holiday treat to make with pretzels and your favorite peanut butter candy this is the one! Our sweet and salty Reeses sandwich bites are easy to make and a great way to get kids involved in baking for the first time. Chocolate and pretzels are just the best combination.
These are really yummy sweet and salty treats that are a HIT when you are asked to bring something sweet to someone’s house, have a party of your own or just want something new for dessert tonight. Not only are they yummy and inexpensive to make, but they are great to make and involve your children in the “cooking” process! We call them Reese’s sweet and salty desserts but they can also be altered without the peanut butter if you’d rather use Hershey’s Kisses as well. (originally published 12/13)
During the holidays it is all about bite sized treats right?
Having the kids in the kitchen wanting to help is great but some things they can’t do, but this one they can and it will keep them busy.
You literally need 2 things, Reese’s peanut butter cups and pretzels. The square waffle shaped ones are best and if you have a peanut allergy you can use Hershey’s Kisses instead.
Have them unwrap each one and put them in a bowl, then line up the pretzels on a cookie sheet and lay a candy on top of each one. Believe me they will think this is beyond fun! Plus it only takes 2 min. in the oven so they are ready really fast so they can try a few when they are done.
Here’s what you do.
Sweet and Salty Reeses Sandwich Bites
- 1 bag pretzels square waffle shaped are best
- 1 bag peanut butter cups mini sized
- Just spread the square pretzels on a cookie sheet
- Unwrap all the Reese's cups & put in a bowl ahead of time, and then place the larger side down on each pretzel
- Put in the oven at about 200 degrees for literally just 2 min. or so until just melted
- Pull out of the oven and place a 2nd square pretzel on top, let set until chocolate is hard again & enjoy!