Ham and cheese breakfast bites are great using leftover ham! A great muffin tin recipe for breakfast and a perfect on the go hearty meal kids love.
Are you an on the go family….we are!! Between having 3 kids in 2 different schools, soccer practices, band and work we are always on the go. When we have leftover ham these ham and cheese breakfast bites are one of our favorite recipes. Here’s how you make them. (originally published 5/16, affiliate links present)
- Perfect hand held ham, egg, and cheese bites right??!!
When cooled they are perfect for early game times and hitting the road early when you’re headed on a road trip. We love them! As always this recipe is super easy (doesn’t happen in this house unless it is). And you can make them as loaded or simple as you want.
The base of these ham and cheese breakfast bites is refrigerated pizza dough. That’s good for SO many recipes like this one and our muffin tin pizza recipe too.
- You add all your favorite breakfast ingredients like egg, cheese, ham and bacon. Green onions are good too. Then a quick trip into the oven creates this on the go meal. It will become your favorite leftover ham recipe too.
Watch as we make them right here. Using a measuring cup like this one makes them easy to fill with less spilling.
Some of the kids prefer that there aren’t onions so half are made without those. If we have bacon instead of ham in the fridge then that is what is included. Both are really amazing though.
Watch me as I make a batch of egg muffins here, using our prepared egg mixture. I used a few slices of ham that were leftover from Easter.
What you need to make Ham and cheese breakfast bites
- Leftover ham, cubed
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- or flattened biscuits
- Cheddar cheese
- Anything else you want to add like:
- Bacon, diced
- Green onion
- Onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
Make sure you spray your muffin tin with cooking spray so you can slide them out easily. Cooking them in muffin cups works great because they cook quickly and are bite sized!
They’re like hand held mini egg cups filled with ham and cheese egg and much more. All your favorite ingredients really. It’s an easy breakfast that’s protein packed and will even make your littles smile. Then try BLT grilled cheese and enjoy.
You can print recipe here:
Ham and cheese breakfast bitesHam and cheese breakfast bites are great using leftover ham! A great muffin tin recipe for breakfast and a perfect on the go nutritious meal kids love.Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 12 minutesTotal Time 22 minutesServings 6Calories 215kcal
- Grease muffin pan, separate the pizza dough into 6 equal pieces and flatten each piece in your palm.
- Push each piece of flattened pizza dough into each muffin hole.
- Beat together with a fork the egg and milk, add salt and pepper now if desired.
- Pour the egg mixture half way full into the pizza dough cup you've created.
- Add cubes of ham, bacon, or any additional toppings in at this time including any cheese(s) you want.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 12-15 minutes or until the egg is set in the middle.
VideoNutrition FactsHam and cheese breakfast bitesAmount Per Serving (3 oz)Calories 215 Calories from Fat 45% Daily Value*Fat 5g8%Saturated Fat 1g6%Cholesterol 62mg21%Sodium 634mg28%Potassium 67mg2%Carbohydrates 31g10%Sugar 4g4%Protein 9g18%Vitamin A 95IU2%Calcium 20mg2%Iron 2.1mg12%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉