Your picnic or barbecue will be perfect with chocolate Fourth of July patriotic pretzels snacks that look like flags! Easy and fun red white and blue dessert.
If you’re planning a Memorial Day or red white and blue get together, these Fourth of July patriotic pretzels are a great snack or dessert to have! Resembling small flags they are easy to make and the salty and sweet flavors are just so yummy. Perfect to make with your kids you only need a few ingredients to make them, it doesn’t require any cooking on the stove, and are fairly inexpensive to create (which is great if you’re on a budget and serving a large crowd). You can order everything you need online (my kind of shopping), and can even use them as table centerpieces by placing them into mason jars like you see here…so cute!!
Fourth of July patriotic pretzels
We love making red white and blue desserts this time of year. It is not just a yummy treat but a bit of a craft for kids as well. A work of art you almost don’t want to eat at times, but you will. If you are having a party with friends or family you’ll surely impress with these.
This is what you’re going to want to get in order to make these:
- Pretzel rods
- Wilton melts: red white blue colors
- Star sprinkles
- Mason jars to use as centerpieces, put glass beads or raffia at bottom for added cuteness
Fourth of July Snacks
This is such an easy fourth of July party food because there aren’t many ingredients, they are cheap to buy, and the kids can even help you make these snacks.
You can decorate them as you wish but this is an easy way to make your pretzel flags of sorts.
- Put these Fourth of July crafts that are edible on a cute festive tray. They’ll surely stand out amongst your food on the table.
- Peanut butter cup pretzels and our copycat Dot’s honey mustard pretzels are fun too.
Red White and Blue Food
If you’re looking for other fourth of July food ideas here are a few other favorites that have gone over well:
Want to incorporate an afternoon activity after these are done? Pull out a few of our 4th of July coloring pages with crayons and you’ll be the best mom evahhh.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Fourth of July Patriotic Pretzels
- Melt the white and red chocolate candy melts in separate bowls in the microwave (30 sec. at a time stirring in between until melted)
- Dip pretzel rods about halfway into the melted chocolate, some in white and some in red, put on parchment paper to harden.
- Melt the blue chocolate the same way and dip each pretzel into it about halfway down the red and white chocolate, immediately sprinkle white stars on to the blue chocolate while still wet. Let harden.
- Heat the drizzle pouch and put white strips on the red part of the pretzels.
- Put some red melted chocolate into a baggie, snip off corner, and pipe red stripes on white part of pretzels.