Easy Christmas cookie recipes you will love. From peppermint Hershey Kiss Christmas cookies to gingerbread and everything in between it will keep you busy baking this December!
Seriously, I am ALL about baking easy Christmas cookie recipes once it hits December 1st every year!! From gingerbread to peppermint creations, I love baking with my girls and hosting a Christmas cookie exchange too. Here are a bunch of holiday cookies I know you’ll love too. (originally published 11/16, affiliate links present)
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes with Few Ingredients
So you have your tree up (ours goes up literally the day after Thanksgiving), lights up, and now it is time for some holiday cookies. Get ready for wonderful smells to fill your house with homemade gingerbread dough and many more goodies here.
I remember baking with my Grandma making the annual batch of lebkuchen (spice cookie) and every time I smell that scent it brings me back to my childhood.
Old Fashioned Christmas Cookie Recipes
Now that I am a parent to 3 girls myself I like to integrate a few new ones each year, but they have to be easy. Anything made in the microwave works like our chocolate peppermint bark and fudge.
Recently I have become obsessed with making charcuterie boards for beginners too. They are always a huge hit and I want to share my obsession with all of you, it’s addicting y’all.
I am all about baking that requires just a few ingredients like these cake mix gingerbread cookies. Use a few more for homemade lemon crinkle cookies, or you can make it as a boxed cake mix recipe too.
Christmas cookie recipes
We have easy using cake mix to completely homemade like our coffee cake cookies with a crumble topping.
- Crinkle cookies recipe can be made red and green for Christmas
- Egg nog cookie cups are so fun to make and delish. If you want to make a cake, our egg nog cake is another favorite.
- Want a layered treat? Try pecan shortbread bars with chocolate and a caramel flavor.
Snickerdoodle hot chocolate cookies are fun and a great twist on a few favorite holiday flavors. You can dip these homemade shortbread cookies in chocolate or enjoy them as is.
- Hazelnut cookies are festive and something different to try
- The Best Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever!
- Pecan snowball cookies
Best Christmas Cookies
You can always throw in another goodie though that isn’t “technically” a cookie. I mean your guests will love some Christmas fudge too. Right??
- Spice Cookies – Lebkuchen
- Cocoa Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Snowflake Pretzel Pops
- Easy Snowflake OREO Cookie Balls
If you love all of these easy Christmas cookie recipe ideas you should try making our Christmas tree cupcakes…super easy and a great activity to do together!
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes made with Cookie Cutters
- Pecan Tassies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- The Ultimate Christmas Cookie
- Nutter Butter Santas and Reindeer
- Last Minute Christmas Cookies
- Easy peppermint bark recipe and Instant Pot peanut clusters aren’t cookies, but fun Christmas desserts you don’t have to bake.
Then make Christmas tree sugar cookies.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Christine aka TheOneNOnly
Tuesday 6th of December 2022
This recipe was really quick and taste phenomenal! My kids ( including myself!) ate 2 batches so fast...I know this my first cake mix cookies I've made n definitely many more to come.thank you.