Easy hazelnut cookies are perfect this time of year! With a delicate nut flavor with sugar sprinkled on top it will become your new holiday tradition.
Have you ever made hazelnut cookies? If not they are a really night nutty treat that is sweet and a flavor that to me reminds me of fall and the holidays coming up. There are a few things I make from scratch each year. It is always fun to make something new each year and have a holiday baking day together! (originally published 10/17)
Don’t these look fun….and something different your family or guests may have never tried before?!!
If you’ve never had anything hazelnut it’s an amazing Fall flavor, well really you can eat them year round but they remind me of Fall and the holidays approaching!
I love thin crisp cookies and these are really perfect with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Kids can help bake these as they love baking, at least mine do, and I am sure they will love the flavor too.
- Easy Christmas cookie recipes are our style. They are so yummy and it is fun to find a new recipe to bake each year I think.
- I always make the traditional ones that remind me of my Grandma but I also like finding something new to incorporate into our cookie days to see if we want to continue it for years to come.
Creating Christmas cookies tins full of different treats and bringing one for each family when you’re getting together for the holidays can be really fun!
Everyone usually has such a variety and a few stories that go with the treats inside. You can share the memories and snack on sweets together….love that.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
After you’ve made our hazelnut cookies you should try our crinkle cookies recipe too in Christmas colors!
Here’s the printable recipe:
- Grind your hazelnuts into a fine texture.
- Combine your hazelnut “flour”, baking powder, oat flour, and 2 tbsp of sugar in one bowl.
- In another bowl melt your coconut oil and then add other liquid ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ones and mix well.
- Lay a piece of saran wrap down and put dough in the center.
- Wrap it up and put it in the fridge to firm for 30-60 min.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Remove saran wrap and put between two pcs of parchment paper and roll out until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
- Use cookie cutters if desired or cut with a pizza cutter (works well) into pcs that are the same size so they cook evenly.
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath and sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake for 13 minutes, remove even though they won’t look done.
- Leave them on the cookie sheet to continue cooking after taking them out of the oven.
- Once cool, enjoy