This is how to make crepes with pancake mix! Easy crepe recipe with 3 ingredients can be made sweet with fresh fruit and whipped cream for dessert or savory with eggs and sausage for breakfast. Use Krusteauz or great as a Bisquick recipe too. Any brand works!
These are the easiest crepes you will ever make! Once you have a smooth batter and a hot pan you’re set! Once you make one you will want to make a whole stack for your family this weekend. Stuff with all sorts of fillings, it is a great vessel that can be sweet or savory. (affiliate links present)
Crepes with Pancake Mix
Ok so you may have made our air fryer tortillas which are great to hold all the things and eat on the go. Great if you want to make lunch with them or something but using them for more of a dessert dish isn’t quite as appetizing right?
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Then we made these egg white tortillas which was better, quite easy as well, keto friendly but it was time to go a step further. SO here we are. We love lots of choices depending on what you are craving at the time and what you want to stuff your wrap with. Just follow along friends….
Pancake Mix Crepes
When it comes to whether you make this as an easy Bisquick recipe or with Krusteauz is really up to you. I will say that they really are all the same. There’s even a Jiffy baking mix out there that works the same as all of the others. Which one do I buy? If I am honest I will tell you that “whichever one is on sale”. Seriously.
Since I know the ingredients are really all the same, if I am not going to make my own Cracker Barrel Pancake Mix then I just look at how much each one is per ounce and decide from there. Even store brands seem to be just the same and typically are a fraction of the price! Beyond that you only need 2 other ingredients.
- 1 c pancake batter mix
- 1.5 c milk whole or 2%
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla or extract of choice
You could use the yellow box too. Crepes from scratch require butter, milk, eggs, all purpose flour and salt. Now this will make about 4-6 rounds depending on the size you create obviously. The extract can be literally whatever you want. Personally I have loved coconut if I want to change things up, or half vanilla and half this.
You could add pumpkin spice for the Fall if you didn’t want to make our other Pumpkin Pancakes with Bisquick that requires puree. Both are amazing for breakfast or a brunch item when family arrives for the holidays I tell you.
3 Ingredient Crepes
Now you will want to cook crepes in this large crepe pan skillet that is non stick, and we are going to add some cooking spray or melted butter to ensure that it slides right out. You don’t have to buy a new pan but after this I guarantee it will become a new favorite and having the right tools will make it easier for you overall. You just;
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- In a bowl add milk with your pancake mix and egg and whisk. (there is already leavening agent in the dry mix so nothing else is needed)
- Add vanilla and continue whisking until it is very smooth.
- When skillet is hot spray with non stick spray in the bottom of the pan and all over.
- Pour 1/8 of your batter for a small pan or 1/6th in a larger size into the center of the pan.
- Pick up the pan and swirl it so the batter coats the bottom of it.
- Return to heat just until the edges are starting to peel up and center is no longer wet.
- Carefully use a spatula to lift up the edge of your homemade crepe and slide it into the middle. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel on top of it.
- Do this with remaining batter to use all crepe batter into finished products. Should serve immediately.
Fill with things like whipped cream with slices of fresh fruit or savory with shredded cheese and lunchmeat or warmed leftover meat. Now you could make a fun pancake stack with these with a spread of nutella and or cream cheese frosting in between each one.
Finished crepes are versatile and delicious thin pancakes that can be filled with a wide variety of sweet and savory fillings. Whether you’re looking for a breakfast treat, a dessert, or a savory snack, there’s a crepe filling to suit every taste. Here are some popular options:
Sweet Crepe Fillings
Now you can totally make birthday cake crepes too! You can see an idea below where the batter was colored so it was a black and pink theme. With colored frosting in between each layer this is a really fun way to celebrate together.
- A classic combination of Nutella spread and sliced bananas creates a rich and creamy filling with a hint of natural sweetness.
- Fresh strawberries paired with whipped cream make for a light and refreshing filling that’s perfect for spring and summer.
- Cook down a mixture of your favorite berries with a bit of sugar to create a sweet and tangy compote to spread inside your crepes.
- Tangy and zesty lemon curd adds a burst of citrus flavor to your crepes, balanced by a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Sauté thinly sliced apples with butter and brown sugar until they’re tender and caramelized. This warm and sweet filling is perfect for fall.
- Melted chocolate drizzled over the crepe and topped with fresh berries is a decadent and visually appealing choice.
Spread almond butter, peanut butter, or any nut butter of your choice on the crepe, then add a dollop of your favorite huckleberry jam or jelly for a satisfying blend of textures and flavors.
Savory Crepe Fillings
A classic savory combo, slices of ham and melted cheese create a comforting and satisfying filling. Our Ham and Cheese Crepes are probably our favorites.
- Sautéed spinach mixed with crumbled feta cheese is a flavorful and nutritious option that works well for breakfast or brunch.
- Sautéed mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese provide an earthy and hearty filling.
- A sophisticated choice, smoked salmon paired with cream cheese, capers, and red onion creates a delightful balance of flavors.
- Cooked shredded chicken combined with pesto sauce brings a burst of herbaceousness to your crepes.
- A mixture of sautéed zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and tomatoes seasoned with herbs is a Mediterranean-inspired filling that’s both flavorful and colorful.
- Creamy brie cheese paired with thin slices of salty prosciutto creates an indulgent and luxurious filling.
Remember, the beauty of these thin pancakes lies in their versatility. You can mix and match different fillings to create your own unique combinations. If you need Pancake Recipe Without Baking Powder you can use this recipe thinned out. Once you’ve filled them, fold each into triangles, roll, or even stack them for a layered presentation.
Dairy Free Crepes
Now you could use lactose free milk if you needed to, any variety works. Even coconut milk is another option which will add a creamy tropical flavor into the mix.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
How to Make Crepes with Pancake Mix
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- In a bowl add milk with your pancake mix and egg and whisk. Add vanilla and continue whisking until it is very smooth.
- When skillet is hot spray with non stick spray and pour in 1/8 of your batter for a small pan or 1/6th in a larger size into the center.
- Pick up the pan and swirl it so the batter coats the bottom of it. Return to heat just until the edges are starting to peel up and center is no longer wet.
- Carefully use a spatula to lift up the edge and into the middle. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel on top of it.
- Do this to make all the batter into crepes. Should serve immediately.
- Fill with things like whipped cream with slices of fresh fruit or savory with shredded cheese and lunchmeat or warmed leftover meat. Roll or fold up and enjoy.