Here are some cheap girl Birthday Party ideas that your kids will love but won’t break the bank. Cake decorating parties are fun with many activities for kids that bring out their creativity and leave them with dessert to take home in the end. See how we threw this cupcake party and how much fun they had.
As a mother of 3 girls, and the frugal being that I am, I am always trying to come up with creative yet cheap girl birthday party ideas! This one we did for my 6 year old last year was really fun and didn’t cost an arm and a leg….lemme share it with you. (originally published 1/15)
Here are some cheap girl birthday party ideas my daughters have enjoyed
We decided to throw a cake decorating birthday party….what fun right??!! I had a couple of ideas of what we could do but brainstormed with the girls to see if they had any ideas as well. We would need aprons of course, cake decorating goodies and frosting, boxes for guests to take their goodies home in, aaaaaannnnnnd we went from there.
We first started with the apron idea and went from there brainstorming together what might be fun to do and different activities that we could do while some were decorating cupcakes, other girls could be decorating other things…and what those might be.
- I picked up 12 children’s aprons here…..they were a total steal!!!
- I had some of these tasting cups left over from another activity, so we used those to fill them with a variety of toppings for decorating the cake (we used cupcakes – you could use dixie cups instead from the store or here they are super cheap for a bunch
- You can get piping bags from a party supply store, buy them for cheap here with tips and all, or just fill ziploc baggies with frosting and snip the corner off to squeeze thru and decorate the cupcakes! They had a great time decorating their 6 cupcakes a piece and that took a better part of the party time. 😉
The next fun part was decorating the cake box to carry their cupcakes home in. This can be another decorating station and they can rotate through them all during the birthday party to keep them all busy. Yes they may eat 1, maybe 2 cupcakes while they are at the party but they will have several left over so these will be their party favors…so you can save money that way since nothing else needs to be bought to send with them at the end!
- You can find 12 cake boxes here inexpensively or if you visit a local bakery I would ask if they could give you enough or cheap for you to use (that is what I did).
- We created 4 birthday stations.
- We had the cupcake decorating station
- Decorating your cake box
- Design your apron
- + I bought some face paint at the local craft store and my 14 year old who loves drawing had a face painting station, you can find face paint with a little book on easy things to paint here too!
You could add another cute cupcake making station too and have all the materials to make these cupcakes below!
- Ladybug cupcakes
- Sheep cupcakes
- Campfire cupcakes
Here are a few other cute and cheap girl birthday party ideas you can consider
Just decorate with streamers, large lollipops and your goodie bags are already done because they’ll be taking home their mini cake or cupcakes in our case. Have fun creating your own cake decorating Birthday party!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉