This 4 ingredient cake mix pumpkin banana muffins or bread recipe is so easy to make! Tastes like homemade, fluffy, moist breakfast or dessert If you loved our pumpkin zucchini muffins you’re in for a treat.
Pumpkin banana muffins have never been easier to make than this. With a box of cake mix, eggs, oil and fruit you too can throw together these for your family to enjoy this week. Just one of the best muffin recipes we have come up with lately. (affiliate links present)
Cake Mix Muffins
If you have never tweaked yellow, white, spice, or this kind of mix into something other than cupcakes you should. There are SO many things way beyond the “normal” uses. We shared our 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins last Fall, but this combines two of our favorite flavors. You could add 1-2 ripe bananas into that as well.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Combined with the ease of our 4 ingredient banana bread idea, these came out great. An experiment for sure but even my picky husband gave them two thumbs up. You can add mini chocolate chips inside or leave “plain”.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything!
Now let’s talk a bit about my favorite things when it comes to muffins though shall we?
- You really should get a 24 cup muffin pan, or opt for a quicker baking time with mini muffins.
- I ALWAYS use muffin liners and you should too. They make cleanup easier and grab and go breakfasts a thang. 😉
- No pan, no problem! Use these self standing muffin cups instead!
- This is the best way to store leftovers so they don’t get smushed!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Banana Muffins
We have made all sorts of different boxed cake mix recipes over the years. From dump cakes, to cake mix cookies, the list goes on and on. The great thing about this is you can use the flavor(s) you love. This time it was September so I was looking to eat and drink all things pumpkin. It would be delicious with spice mix too though.
There are tons of different brands out there that make this. They’re easier to find around this time of year but you could find it online almost year round nowadays. I even found it at Costco today and bought a bunch because I know I’ll be making all the things here soon.
- Cake mix – pumpkin is best but for Fall spice is great too
- here’s a gluten free option for baked goods that way
- Vegetable oil
- Overripe bananas
- Make regular size or faster as mini pumpkin muffins
If you wanted to add 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of crushed nuts and/or 1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips you could fold those in at the end. A sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice could amp up the flavor if you wanted.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
I hate wasting food and we had a few in the fridge that were very ripe bananas and these I knew the girls wouldn’t eat because of their color. You need 5 brown ones which I don’t always have but when I buy in bulk and they end up sitting I make these before they need to be pitched.
Sometimes when they are getting too too dark and I’m not ready to bake I put them in the fridge. That will slow down the process and give me a few extra days. I’ve been known to freeze them too, defrost the night before and then you have to use them then and there.
Easy Pumpkin Banana Muffins
When mashing don’t pulverize them. Allow a little bit of chunk to remain. That will give them added moisture in each bite and a bit of texture too. You really just do that and then add everything else. Stir until the batter is just a little lumpy but incorporated well and then fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Mash bananas mostly and add other wet and dry ingredients. Gently fold bananas and pumpkin dry mix together until well combined. Leave small chunks of fruit in it for some texture (my preference vs. smooth).
- Fold in nuts or mini chocolate chips if you are adding them.
- Line pan with muffin cups and fill 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or just until they bounce back when touched gently in the center of them.
- Using a toothpick inserted, take out when some crumbs are still sticking to it.
- Remove immediately from the muffin tin so they don’t continue cooking and drying out. Place on a cooling rack.
Then enjoy with a cup of coffee or glass of orange juice in the morning.
Banana Muffins with Cake Mix
If you yank them out right when they spring back they will be SO moist. NO more measuring out all the brown sugar, all purpose flour, and using half of a pumpkin puree can only to have the other wasted. You can create just as tasty muffins with just 4 things.
In the Fall we love this sweet potato muffin recipe too.
Banana and chocolate are a great combo if you want to try banana nutella muffins after your pumpkin. Both are a really great combinations. If you haven’t tried them before don’t doubt the “science”, try it yourself and decide.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mash bananas and add other ingredients. Gently fold together until well combined but leave small chunks of banana in it.
- Line pan with muffin papers and fill 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes just until they bounce back when touched gently in the center.
- Remove from muffin tin and place on a cooling rack.