Here are 25 + of the best bbq food ideas around to get you ready for summertime. Great grilling recipes to make main dishes, side dishes, and desserts on the grill too. Easy recipes for your barbecue and smoker that we love and we make year round when we have people over.
It’s summertime and what that means for us is a lot of cooking on the bbq and friends coming over! Aside from the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs there are SO many great bbq food ideas that we’ve come up with a great roundup with 25 grilling recipes we know you will love. Let us know which one is your favorite dish! (originally published 6/16)
BBQ Foods Ideas
Time to dust off that grill or Blackstone 22 griddle and get to cooking outside right??!! Well these are the bbq must haves. We love the taste and when it is 100 degrees I don’t dare turn on my oven!!
- Here are some of the best bbq food ideas and grilling recipes from us and my favorite blogger friends! Enjoy!
BBQ Party Food ideas
- New York pizza burger you can see above, a kid favorite
- Philly cheesesteak burger from Snappy Gourmet
- Overloaded bacon burger from Wanna Bite
- South of the boarder burger from Love Pasta and a Tool Belt
Since ground beef is cheap and the most popular thing to make during an outdoor get together we have even more:
BBQ Food Ideas for large group
- Meatloaf burger from Kennary Ideas for the Home
- Pretzel burger sliders from Thrifty Diva DIY
- Pineapple bbq chicken recipe
- Rosemary lemon chicken thighs from Taste and See
- Citrus habanero chicken skewers from The Chunky Chef
- Cilantro lime chicken skewers
- Beer can chicken recipe is the best I tell you
You can make it on your regular grill or if you have a Traeger a whole new world will open up to you too. We made this smoked beer can chicken and yes they’re both great but the latter may be even better.
You should think outside of the box though too. Burgers aren’t for everyone.
Summer BBQ Food Ideas
- How to cook a pizza on the bbq is shared too if you want to try that
- Tender Grilled eggplant from An Italian in my Kitchen
- Grilled parmesan potato wedges from This Silly Girl’s Kitchen
- Easy Grilled brocolli from Life Currents
- Marinated beef kabobs from Living Sweet Moments
- Mustard steak from Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Lamb kabobs from Wanna Bite
- BBQ chicken bacon pineapple kabobs from Butter With a Side of Bread
BBQ dinner ideas for families
- Key lime chicken wings from This Silly Girl’s Kitchen
- Grilled chicken wings from Kleinworth & Co.
- Honey garlic kabobs from Love Pasta and a Tool Belt
- Hawaiian frozen grilled chicken breasts
- Cilantro lime frozen grilled shrimp
- Skirt steak with basil cream and grilled tomatoes from Green Healthy Cooking
- You can make desserts on the bbq too though.
If you’re outside and love to grill you should try some great smoker recipes too. If you haven’t tried smoking meat it is really incredible and easy to do.
Cookout Food Ideas
- Smoking a boneless pork loin is fabulous
- How to smoke salmon people rave over
- Here are a bunch of other electric smoker recipes
Want bbq food idea made in your slow cooker? Here’s bbq beef in a Crockpot for you.
I hope you like our roundup of the best bbq food ideas from main dishes, to side items, to dessert on the grill recipes too! Give a few a try this summer and see which ones you like the best and tell us below!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!