Sparkling Island cocktail is what to call this favorite drink of mine! This pineapple cocktail goes perfectly with any meal really, and easy to create with rum.
This sparkling Island cocktail is amazing!! Every once and a while when I want a drink with dinner, or when people come over, I make this…it’s so refreshing. Special thanks goes out to P.F. Chang’s Home Menu for sponsoring this post so we could share our creation with you. (originally published 11/16)
The other night we had a quiet evening together so I made this pineapple cocktail.
I don’t think there is a technical name for this drink, and quite frankly I don’t even remember the first time I had it, but it’s a sweet drink with just a splash of coconut rum that goes with just about any meal or appetizer.
So here’s how you too can recreate this easy meal duo.
If you haven’t noticed P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® meals and appetizers in your grocers freezer section they are there!! It is one of our favorite places to go on date night, so when we don’t have time to head out to their restaurant it’s a great way to have restaurant quality authenic Asian food. 😉
Other Asian appetizer recipes that go well if you want just a bite to eat and a drink at home:
- Asian inspired Instant Pot pulled pork recipe you can make sliders out of
- Grab your free Asian inspired appetizer cookbook here
- Asian sugar snap peas
- Easy Asian meatballs with a tasty glaze
- We have some brunch menu ideas of all types if you’re serving them at that time of day
It seriously only took a whopping 10 minutes to create these Signature Pork Dumplings filled with ground pork, shredded cabbage, sliced scallions….they include a packet of their dipping sauce in the box too!
No matter what you pair with this coconut rum cocktail it is sure to be a hit for yourself or if you’re looking for a party drink to serve!
This is what you need to make our sparkling island cocktail recipe
- Glasses – I like these
- Coconut rum – Parrot Bay and Malibu are usually the types I buy (whichever is on sale)
- Lemon lime soda
- Pineapple juice – I buy these small cans so I can make 2 drinks out of each can
- Grenadine is a great add in
- If you like mint add a sprig on top
Not only is it super yummy and a sweet cocktail you can make but you could make it a mocktail for the kids too!
How to make this into a pineapple mocktail for kids and those who don’t consume alcohol.
- Leave out the rum
- BAM….that’s it!! LOL
Still super delicious and pretty with a cherry on the side of the glass like we did here.
For the cocktail you just need 3 things and it’s quick to put together (I’m all about easy recipes).
- You can adjust the sweetness with a bit more pineapple juice here or there, and how much grenadine you add into each glass.
Here’s the printable mocktail or Sparkling Island cocktail recipe:
Sparkling Island cocktail
- 1 c lemon lime soda
- 1/3 c pineapple juice
- 1/3 c coconut rum
- 1 tbsp grenadine optional
- sprig of mint and cherry optional for garnish
- Add ingredients and stir. I add ice to keep it nice and cold. Add a cherry and/or mint to garnish if you like.
- Leave off rum if making mocktails.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉