Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies are the bomb!! You’ve got to try this salted caramel recipe for dessert, really easy to do.
Do you love just about anything that has salted caramel in it…..me too! I thought I would do a twist on the traditional cookie and make salted caramel chocolate chip cookies for a treat this weekend and they came out amazing (addicting). Here’s the best milk and cookie recipe ever. Sponsored by a2 Milk.
- With semi sweet chocolate, caramel, and a hint of salt these cookies are so good. Paired with a tall glass of milk of course. Most of the ingredients you probably have at home already (win), except maybe the caramel squares (you MUST add those).
If you veer away from recipes using milk, because of tummy issues there’s a great alternative out now called a2 Milk. One of my daughters has had such problems and this new milk is free from the a1 protein that causes such issues. It tastes the same as what we used to purchase so all of us can enjoy it with her at dinner time and when it’s time for a treat like this. 😉
Now you’ll want to get out your mixer for these salted caramel chocolate chip cookies. You can use a hand mixer or just do it by hand but it is SO much easier if the machine does the work for you. I’m all about easy. 😉
- I take my cookies out a bit early so the middle is still a bit soft and stays that way even when they are cooled off.
If you want them crispier then brown them more, but for these salted caramel chocolate chip cookies it is best to undercook them just a bit. This means the caramel will stay ooey gooey even when they are a cooled. Sprinkle a bit of your kosher salt on the top of the cookies before serving, pour a nice cold glass of a2 Milk®, and get ready for the most amazing pairing you have ever had.
Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies ingredients
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda and powder
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel squares
Everything should be able to be found at your local grocery store like Albertsons.
Looking for more desserts you’ll love?
- Try inside out caramel apples
- Caramel pumpkin monkey bread
- Chocolate banana cookies
- Some caramel apple bread pudding
Using this type of milk in coffee drink recipes is helpful too. Then you can love some warm caffeine again.
Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt your butter a bit so it mixes well, add to your mixer with sugars and vanilla. Blend.
- Add your egg and milk, then slowly blend. In a separate bowl add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, and mix.
- Slowly add this dry mixture to your mixture with the wet ingredients. Slowly add your chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Spoon on to cookie sheet sprayed with non stick spray slightly and bake for about 12 minutes or browned on edges. Sprinkle the other 1/2 tsp. salt on top and eat!!
Serving a2 Milk® is great when you have people over also because some (like my daughter) don’t like saying they can’t have milk (when they really want some), and this way everyone can experience milk and cookies again!