Pumpkin and potato gratin is a great new Thanksgiving side dish to try. Cheesy potato casserole with a touch of pumpkin too. You’ve got to try this!
Have you tried pumpkin and potato gratin before. It’s still ooey gooey and cheesy like your typical potatoes au gratin recipe but with a hint of pumpkin, perfect for the Fall season. Whether you’re making this for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just during the week it is a great twist on the traditional au gratin potatoes. (affiliate links present)
Pumpkin Potato Gratin
If you’re looking for a new Thanksgiving quick easy side dish, or just something to serve with dinner this might be something new!
- It’s always good to try at least one new dish during the holidays. You never know what might become your new favorite. You might find something you’ll serve year after year.
Adding pumpkin to pretty much any dish around this time of year is a great twist. If you love cheesy potato casserole dishes this is something else you would probably enjoy and great to serve with guests.
Pumpkin Potatoes Recipe
If you love this pumpkin and potato gratin recipe you should really try our cream corn casserole recipe.
We serve it every Thanksgiving as an Instant Pot side dish and it just isn’t that same without it. We hope you have a happy holiday, or week if you’re making this throughout the year.
Pumpkin and Potato Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease casserole dish. To prepare pumpkin sauce, add olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, cream, vinegar, nutmeg, salt and cook on low for 5 minutes. Take off heat and set pumpkin sauce aside; slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Add a layer of potato slices to casserole dish, and spoon some of the pumpkin sauce on top, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add final layer of potatoes and cover with remaining cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.