Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage is perfect for St Patricks Day or year round. Tender corned beef brisket in a little over an hour is here!
It’s March!! Are you looking to make Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage soon?? In a little over an hour you can have this ultra flavorful brisket fork tender. You’ll fight over the potatoes too since they soak up all the delicious juices while it’s cooking! Just one of our easy Ninja Foodi recipes.
Do you have a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer yet??
I’m thinking you do since you are here but if not here is some information:
- This is where to buy the Ninja Cooking system.
- It also comes with a 2nd lid not seen here, as well as a trivet and air fryer basket.
- You can also grab a free recipe book here.
- You can print this free Ninja Foodi cook times sheet too
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
It’s the perfect way to make this Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage recipe.
This is what you need for Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage:
- Foodi or Instant Pot will work too
- Corned beef – 3 lbs. is usually best
- This is a point cut brisket, there’s flat cut and round as well
- Seasoning packet comes with it inside the bag
- Potatoes – either 4 large red potatoes or 2 large russet
- Beer – I just buy what is on sale
- You can substitute for water or broth if you’d prefer but the beer makes it taste amazing
- Use whatever type you like, I prefer blonde ale
- You’ll only use the top large 8-10 pieces
- Onion – optional but a great addition to serve as a side dish with the potatoes
Yes, we are using potatoes as a trivet!!
That means they will become yummier than you could ever imagine.
We don’t really drink beer here so I only have it on hand to make this and the best beer bread recipe which is actually a great side with this!
You will need 1 can for our Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage recipe.
- Now lay your potatoes on the bottom so they act as a trivet for you meat.
- Lay your piece with the fat side facing up on your taters so it’s flat and won’t tip over
- Pour your beer, or other liquid, over the top
- Sprinkle your spice packet (inside the bag) on your corned beef on top
- Close your pressure cooker lid and steam valve and set to high pressure cooking time for 1 hour 25 minutes (for a 3 lb. piece)
- Allow steam to naturally release for 15 minutes
- A quick release will not allow it to become quite as tender, releasing pressure slowly is key to the best corned beef ever
Yes we have made a slow cooker corned beef brisket before and it was fabulous. This is just another way but takes a fraction of the time and comes out just as good.
When your Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage is done it will be fork tender and SO flavorful.
Do you rinse corned beef before cooking? Please don’t!
Whether you bought a ready to cook corned beef or you cured your own, if you rinse the meat you’ll be rinsing away all the flavor! The whole reason this cut of meat is so flavorful is because it is fully infused with a brine. Some do choose to run it under cold water to reduce the sodium intake, but just know it will drastically change the flavor you love.
If you’re looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes we have many.
We have a few side dishes for our Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage too:
- Easy cabbage recipes
- This pull apart bread recipe is so good
- Then make this Irish potato candy for dessert
You can make dutch oven corned beef and cabbage too if you have one of those!
Leftover corned beef recipes?
- This corned beef soup is fantastic.
- Homemade corned beef hash recipe is great too.
- Ninja Foodi corned beef soup is amazing
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2.5-3 lb corned beef brisket
- 12 oz beer
- 4 large red potatoes or 2 large russet cut in half
- 1 onion sliced, optional
- 1/2 head cabbage
- Wash your potatoes and rinse off your corned beef.
- If using large red potatoes set them in the middle close together, use similar sizes so you can set beef on top of them. If using 2 large russets slice them both in half and set them cut side down into middle of pot. These will be your trivet.
- Set corned beef piece on top of potatoes so it sits flat.
- Pour beer on top of meat.
- Sprinkle packet of corned beef seasoning on top of meat, it is included inside your meat pouch.
- Close your pressure cooking lid (one that isn't attached), and close steam valve.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on, then press pressure button. Set to high for 1 hr 25 minutes (for 2.5-3 lbs. this time works well). Press start. Allow to naturally release pressure for about 15 minutes when done.
- Release rest of steam if there is any after about 15 min. Remove piece of corned beef and set on cutting board, cover.
- Remove potatoes, put in a bowl and cover so they stay warm.
- Cut bottom off cabbage and separate the top layer of leaves so you have about 8-10 large pieces. Slice your onion into large pieces.
- Add onions into pot with juices, then add cabbage leaves.
- Put pressure lid back on. Close steam valve. Turn pot on, press pressure, high for 3 minutes. Press start.
- Do a quick release when done.
- Slice corned beef and serve with some potatoes, onions, and cabbage from the pot. Enjoy