Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage is perfect for St Patricks Day or year round. Tender corned beef brisket in a little over an hour is here!
Are you looking to make Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage soon?? In a little over an hour you can have this ultra flavorful brisket fork tender. Just one of our easy Ninja Foodi recipes. (originally published 3/19, affiliate links present)
Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Ninja Foodi
I promise, that once you try this popular St. Patrick’s Day dinner this way you’ll never make it any other way again.
SO tender and full of flavor I tell you.
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this popular dish.
If you have others just let us know and we will do our best to answer them as well.
If you want to buy a device that air fries AND pressure cooks then yes! It is a big larger than other varieties that just do one of these functions but then you omit one appliance.
Please don’t. Whether you bought a ready to cook corned beef or you cured your own, if you rinse the meat you’ll be rinsing away all the flavor!
The whole reason this cut of meat is so flavorful is because it is fully infused with a brine. Some do choose to run it under cold water to reduce the sodium intake, but just know it will drastically change the flavor you love.
Yes, this goes with any meat. If so it will become tough. You need it to have a lot of liquid to cook in and in a pressure cooker is by far the best way to make it!
These are the ingredients and style of meat we chose to use. Sometimes you don’t have a choice between a flat or point cut, the store just has one type.
If I had a choice I would probably choose flat cut but we have made them all and they’re all delicious.
Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage
- Foodi or Instant Pot will work too
- Corned beef – 3 lbs. is usually best
- This is a point cut brisket, there’s flat cut and round as well
- Seasoning packet comes with it inside the bag
- Potatoes – either 4 large red potatoes or 2 large russet
- Beer – I just buy what is on sale, I love cooked corned beef in beer vs. another liquid
- You can substitute for water or broth if you’d prefer but the beer makes it taste amazing
- Use whatever type you like, I prefer blonde ale
- Onion – optional but a great addition to serve as a side dish with the potatoes
Then use our mustard sauce for corned beef to serve once it is done!!
Yes, we are using potatoes as a trivet!! That means they will become yummier than you could ever imagine.
We don’t really drink beer here so I only have it on hand to make this and the best beer bread recipe which is actually a great side with this!
Corned beef and cabbage recipe
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Add edible trivets
Now lay your potatoes on the bottom so they act as a trivet for you meat. Lay your piece with the fat side facing up on your taters so it’s flat and won’t tip over
- Add liquid
Pour your beer, or other liquid, over the top and sprinkle your spice packet (inside the bag) on your corned beef on top.
Close your pressure cooker lid and steam valve and set to high pressure cooking time for 1 hour 25 minutes (for a 3 lb. piece)
Allow steam to naturally release for 15 minutes A quick release will not allow it to become quite as tender, releasing pressure slowly is key to the best corned beef ever!
This piece was quite lean. Whatever you have, put the fattiest side facing up. This will allow all those juices and moisture to melt off and drip across the rest to keep it nice and tender.
Yes we have made a slow cooker corned beef brisket before and it was fabulous. This is just another way but takes a fraction of the time and comes out just as good.
If you need Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage directions they’re here, and very similar to this one.
Corned beef in Ninja Foodi
If you wonder why I use potatoes as trivets instead of using a trivet with handles, this is why.
Pressure cooker potatoes soak up all the flavors inside the pot which makes these out of this world.
How to cut cabbage for corned beef
Usually you don’t cut it at all and just peel the leaves off as whole. You can place on top of your meat and “steam” for 1 more minute at the end if you’d like, or cook separately and serve together. If you’re looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes we have many.
Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage
Side dishes are always a must:
- Easy cabbage recipes are always a winner for dinner. 😉
- This pull apart bread recipe is semi homemade with refrigerated biscuits and so good
- Then make this Irish potato candy for dessert as a special treat!
You can make dutch oven corned beef and cabbage too if you have one of those!
Leftover corned beef recipes
- This corned beef soup is something we always look forward to the next day
- Homemade corned beef hash recipe is super yummy too.
Remember, you can make this year round! If you look at your local grocery store they usually have a few corned beef brisket pieces in the corner you can purchase.
What should you serve with corned beef and cabbage? Well our easy Irish soda bread recipe
We do this often because it is a flavorful cut of meat all 5 of us absolutely love. It is so easy to throw together in my multi cooker too that it’s just a no brainer to make all the time.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2.5-3 lb corned beef brisket
- 12 oz beer
- 4 large red potatoes or 2 large russet cut in half
- 1 onion sliced, optional
- 1/2 head cabbage
- Rinse potatoes. If using large red potatoes set them in the middle close together, use similar sizes so you can set beef on top of them. If using 2 large russets slice them both in half and set them cut side down into middle of pot. These will be your trivet.
- Set corned beef piece on top of potatoes so it sits flat.
- Pour beer on top of meat.
- Sprinkle packet of corned beef seasoning on top of meat, it is included inside your meat pouch.
- Close your pressure cooking lid (one that isn’t attached), and close steam valve.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on, then press pressure button. Set to high for 1 hr 25 minutes (for 2.5-3 lbs. this time works well). Press start. Allow to naturally release pressure for about 15 minutes when done.
- Release rest of steam if there is any after about 15 min. Remove piece of corned beef and set on cutting board, cover.
- Remove potatoes, put in a bowl and cover so they stay warm.
- Cut bottom off cabbage and separate the top layer of leaves so you have about 8-10 large pieces. Slice your onion into large pieces.
- Add onions into pot with juices, then add cabbage leaves.
- Put pressure lid back on. Close steam valve. Turn pot on, press pressure, high for 3 minutes. Press start.
- Do a quick release when done.
- Slice corned beef and serve with some potatoes, onions, and cabbage from the pot. Enjoy