Here is a free printable monthly cleaning schedule eBook to help you clean and purge your house all year long and not get too overwhelmed! Great resource.
I have been creating free monthly cleaning schedule printables all year and have now put them all into an eBook for you to download and use year after year! A complete book of organization printables just for you from me. 😉 (originally published 12/17, affiliate links present)
- I first created a January purge checklist. It worked so well for me, and was so popular with others, that I was asked to make one for every month of the year.
Why did I do this? Well, I am a paper and pencil kinda’ gal who can’t stand clutter!! Instead of being overwhelmed with a ton of deep cleaning tasks, I’d rather have a Spring cleaning list to clean and organize a little at a time.
- Yes I have a cell phone and put my schedule of “to dos” in there, but there is something satisfying having a piece of paper to keep you on track. Especially when house cleaning, which isn’t always fun. Bring on the simple daily tasks I say!
I began this cleaning and purging schedule by starting to organize school paperwork from years past that had been piling up, then went on to do a refrigerator clean out….and I got addicted, I needed to organize like this throughout the entire house. I am always forgetting things too so I listed just a few rooms at a time each month, and areas/items you should go thru and purge if you haven’t used it in the past year.
Here is me at one of the few big thrift store donation hauls…….
I do a BIG purge like this a few times a year, this was my “before Christmas hits” purge! This time of year it is toys the girls haven’t touched in the past year and clothing that no longer fits.
I like to do a major cleaning in early December. I know they will be getting things so it’s out with the old and in with the new.
- Another plus is we get to get daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks done while giving back to others. Another bonus, you’ll get a tax write off after your home is clean. WIN!
Start during the months when your kids are out of school. Then you can use our Summer house cleaning checklist. You can involve your kids in these cleaning routines too, and teach them how daily cleaning tips can make things a bit easier.
Tips to have success when doing your Monthly Cleaning Schedule
- Purge outgrown clothing and toys when your kids are NOT home. If you don’t, all of a sudden they’ll want that shirt that does NOT fit or toy that is broken.
- Be honest with yourself when purging your closet. If it hasn’t fit in a year get rid of it. No “well my goal is to get back to that size”. Treat yourself when you get there.
- If you have items of value that you’d rather sell than donate that is fine. Make a buck but put a VERY reasonable price on it.
- When you clean kitchen items take note of the food in your pantry too and pitch what is expired. There’s probably more than you think!
If you’re back to The Typical Mom because you’ve completed one of my cleaning and purging checklists, welcome back!
- Whether you’re new or here to find all of them, welcome! Either way I promise you that you will feel SO good after each month is done!
What I did when I first printed out this monthly cleaning schedule was to make a home organization binder where I slid each month into a sheet protector and used wet erase markers to mark off when I was done with each area/item. (don’t use dry erase markers, they won’t work as well)
Then when I finish my weekly cleaning I can wipe the marks away with a baby wipe. It’s then ready to be reused for the next year.
- I hope this helps you as much as it helped me. Cleaning your house is not on the top of anyone’s list of things they’d love to do. It has to get done though.
- Not getting overwhelmed is a key factor in it getting done. These cleaning printables have made a world of difference.
Let me know how it goes for you!
Below is your free printable monthly cleaning schedule eBook to get started!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉