This is how to make edible brownie batter with just a few ingredients. For a quick dessert, have a spoonful of this after dinner.
Edible brownie batter is possible! You don’t need to bake these in your oven in order to enjoy the sweetness. Just throw it all together, chill for the ideal flavor and pop a ball of it in your mouth. Adults and kids are obsessed with this. (affiliate links present)
We have cooked our favorite Instant Pot brownies many of times but sometimes you just don’t want to wait. There is one bit of oven time you will need, that in regards to the flour. You’ll want to heat that to make it safe to eat raw but that doesn’t take long at all.
Brownie Batter Edible
Just like our edible raw cookie dough bites, once you do that you’re good to combine the rest of the goodies. Add semi sweet, milk, white or even peanut butter chips to the mix. Make a few batches to change it up a bit so you can see which combo is your fave. Now let’s get to the ingredients.
Brownie Batter Dip
This is kinda like our egg free brownies recipe, except we don’t bake this one of course. There is in fact NO egg in these either which is one reason it is safe to consume without cooking. Also great if you are looking for a vegan option or are allergic.
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Butter that is melted, or plant based product
- Brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Milk or non dairy product
- Chocolate chips
The last one like I said is up to you as far as the flavors you choose. I have even used Andes mints that are crushed during the holidays for some mintiness.
Dairy Free Edible Brownie Batter
Ok so like I have said before my husband is lactose intolerant which means I have had to alter recipes for him quite a bit. Since I’m sure we aren’t the only ones in this boat so I try to share how to alter things if you need that as well.
You can use coconut milk, almond or cashew. I have found a great style of vegan plant based butter product from Country Crock. It comes in sticks and tubs. I have used that for this as well as our dairy free banana bread bundt cake.
- You need to start by preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Allow heat-treated flour to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients like flour, cocoa powder and salt. Then add to the batter and beat until completely incorporated and you reach the desired consistency.
Add the mini chocolate chips to taste and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. You could roll it into small balls and freeze on a cookie sheet too. When hard throw them into a freezer bag and take out one at a time.
Can you eat brownie batter without eggs
Yep, this one you can! Since the flour has been baked and treated it is safe to eat if you follow our instructions below. Regular, boxed brownie mix following theirs on the back would not be safe. Raw egg isn’t and neither is flour right out of the bag.
Eggfree dessert recipes though like this one are great for a bunch of reasons. You could make a double or triple batch and freeze it for later too. I would highly suggest using a small cookie scoop to make balls out of it though instead of leaving a big ball like this. If set on a cookie sheet with parchment paper in the freezer they will get hard.
Then you can transfer to freezer bags and freeze. They will stay for months this way and you can enjoy as is right out of the bag or take out a few and leave on the countertop to reach room temperature before enjoying again and again.
Edible Brownie Batter Recipe for One
If you wanted a single serving of this then just cut recipe in half for a few servings or use our kitchen conversion chart to cut into 1/4 to enjoy just once. I think it is easier to make the whole thing and freeze but I get it if you just want a mug size made at one time.
Jump to the recipe card below and get started! Once you love this edible brownie batter you should go on to making other goodies like our peanut butter chocolate fudge! We have others on the site that don’t really require any baking at all, or just a microwave for example. Use the search bar and type in no bake to find those.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
How to Make Edible Brownie Batter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Allow heat-treated flour to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder salt and then add to the batter and beat until completely incorporated and no dry remains. Add the chocolate chips to taste and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.