This 30 day clean house checklist will keep you on track and organized so your house will be purged of what you don’t need and clean in just one month!
If you’re looking for an easy clean house checklist you KNOW you can accomplish and feel good about it, this is it!! We break it down into rooms so you don’t get overwhelmed and it only takes 30 days to finish it all. Special thanks goes out to OnlineLabels.com for sponsoring this post.
- Yes, we are kinda’ obsessed with organization printables here on The Typical Mom blog.
- This one is perfect to do at the beginning of each year, and every few months after that.
Why did I create this 30 day clean house checklist?
To start with, I like the feeling of being able to check off “done” chores so it motivates me to keep going. I also need to be kept on track when I am doing a task that isn’t my favorite (who really LIKES cleaning anyway?).
A cleaning checklist is great for staying on task.
When you clean your home in one big swoop a few times each year, you can minimize the time you spend daily and weekly on it. Cleaning tasks are never fun, let’s just admit that right now.
- BUT when you have focused cleaning lists where you tackle one room at a time, deep cleaning each one as you go, you’ll be A LOT less overwhelmed.
- Nobody wants to do Spring cleaning during the entire time your kids have off school. Y’all should go on a road trip and do something fun together instead!
Another great thing about thing about this house cleaning schedule is you can totally reuse it year after year.
This is what you do:
- Grab your free clean house checklist here from OnlineLabels.com and print it right from home.
- There is a black and white cleaning printable version here too.
Then you can do one of 2 things:
You can either:
- Create a home organization binder where you slide this 30 day cleaning challenge inside a sheet protector.
- Take your folder out every few months, use a wet erase marker right on top of your sheet protector to check off each task that is complete.
- Then use a damp paper towel to erase marks and use it again throughout the year.
- OR you can use a magnet to keep your house cleaning checklist on your fridge and use a marker to check off the tasks that you’ve completed
- Once your printable is full of checks you know you’re done!
Either way works to keep you nice and organized that month. The more often you do it the quicker your list will get done for sure. Your thirty day challenge may take you just 20 days the next year. Of course you can add additional items on the top too that may be specific to your home or garage.
- Like…..dusting the top of all fans and hanging light fixtures in your home.
- You may find this so helpful that you want to go even further. If so, create a more intensive deep cleaning house checklist room by room on your own.
- Start slow though, the idea is to not get frustrated and want to quit halfway through.
- Remember to break down tasks room by room, this will keep you organized and focused.
Every home is different but here are a few extra biannual chores you might want to add to the top of your list:
- Wipe down all crown molding
- Clean front of all cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms
- Deep clean grout on floor and shower tiles
- Use glass cleaner on front of all wall pictures & wipe down frames
- Dry clean curtains
So what are you waiting for?? Get it printed and let us know how it’s going next month.