What I didn’t know would happen to my body after kids and wish I would’ve known before becoming pregnant. Real advice from a Mom of 3 here!
This is what I didn’t know would happen to my body after kids! Yes the doctors left me in the dark. They didn’t even tell me I would have a massive period after I had each child. I was surprised by it all but you don’t have to be. Here’s what to expect after childbirth and in the years ahead. Get ready!
- Losing your hair. Seriously?!! After daughter #1 my hair got a bit frizzier and I noticed that there was some thinning around my bang area but thought “oh well it will grow back”….yeah, like 8 years later!
- Your feet grow. Seriously?!! Like my size 9.5 boats weren’t big enough, now I was a solid 10 after daughter #2 for sure! I literally had to get rid of all my cute shoes and boots. Not that I didn’t enjoy shopping for new shoes but I had NO idea this would happen to my body after kids!
Three – Stretch marks, not just on your stomach. Seriously?!! I was ready for a few around my belly button but really didn’t get any there. They appeared on my hips, like where you can’t hide them with a bathing suit…yeah, there. Not cool!
- C Section scar. Seriously?!! Ok so daughter #1 had to be C Section and I was picturing the thin line like you see in the brochure….you know the drawn woman on the pamphlet with the pencil thin line waaaaaaay down where nobody would see it. Uh uh. Apparently I get keloid scars which means they are thick and ugly and oh yeah the doctor didn’t cut straight so the scar goes down and then across which makes a pucker in my stomach where he cut going down….thanks doc!
- Hemorrhoids, yes those! Seriously?!! I had only heard about “them” before getting pregnant and thought you just use ointment, it goes away, and never comes back…..NOOOOO that’s not true. I’m talking as big as a cumquat, not able to sit down, have to stay in bed laying on your side kinda’ hemorrhoid pain going on while pregnant and they are there after the baby…..like a reminder or something of “remember when you were pregnant”, nope, not told about those babies.
- Bladder leakage, yep, let’s talk about that! So whether you have a natural birth or are lucky enough to be cut open 3 times “down there” is just not the same…..ever! It’s not like you need a diaper like your toddler or anything, but beware of the trampoline jumping and volatile sneezing. Go ahead, laugh….but just wait.
Advice – Don’t let any of this stop you! Seriously!! After 3 kids, stretch marks, hair loss, big feet, and a bit of bladder leakage it doesn’t stop me from getting out there and enjoying my family!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
- There’s a solution for just about everything that happens to us. Your kids won’t care about any of it either. Just get out there and make those memories!