Unicorn horn muddy buddies are peanut butter treats with no baking required. Whip this dessert together for your next unicorn party and enjoy.
We have been thinking of unicorns this week and thought we’d put a fun twist on the traditional puppy chow or muddy buddy recipe and make unicorn horn muddy buddies this week! It only requires a few ingredients and is so delicious you will want to make them over and over again. Let us share our recipe with you.
Aren’t these fun??!!
Everyone loves unicorns, I mean who wouldn’t! There are a few distinct features to a unicorn for us and those are the beautiful white horns and rainbows. So we thought we would go with those thoughts.
- First you’re going to make the mixture for muddy buddies that you can find on the side of any Chex mix box. You can also find the recipe here on our magical muddy buddy post where we had a St.Patrick’s Day theme to them.
This time I wanted to make a small batch of muddy buddies so I cut the recipe in half.
I used just
- 1/8 c. butter
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Bugles chips as the unicorn horns
Traditionally this is made with rice Chex but those aren’t the right shape so Bugles worked perfectly! I used about 4 cups of those but you can mess around with the amounts. That depending on how drenched you want your puppy chow to be.
This part is great for the kiddos. Put 2 cups or so of powdered sugar into a large zipper bag with your mixture. Slowly toss to coat them then add whatever you’d like to make it rainbowish!!
We added some sprinkles and silver sugar to make our unicorn horn muddy buddies shine.
If you love unicorns too try our unicorn poop bark recipe that is really fun for a party or to wrap up and give it to someone as a treat!
- We have unicorn kids clothes too since we’re obsessed!
- There’s another no bake peanut butter dessert here.
- Shamrock cookies can be made with any shape.
- Then make cupcake sundae bowls.
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!