How fun is St. Patricks Day! A day full of green (a little pinching), and lots of shamrock and rainbow treats and activities. These shamrock cookies are easy to make and a fun addition to your celebrations. Just a few ingredients and you have yourself some glass looking cookies and you can even use refrigerated cookie dough instead of making homemade cookie dough if you’re in a hurry. Easy St.Patricks Day dessert you can make together on the day of everything green!
Like I said, you can buy refrigerated sugar cookie dough to start with or make it from scratch which isn’t too hard either. If it’s premade you just use the shamrock cookie cutter to cut out the shape you will need, I will say it works a bit better with homemade dough though (not quite as sticky). Here is what you will need for these St.Patricks Day cookies and links to items you may not have at home (affiliate links present):
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 3/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Green Jolly Rancher candies
- Shamrock cookie cutter
- Round cookie cutter
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer then add egg and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into wet mixture.
- Mix until dry ingredients are mixed well.
- Take dough and roll into a ball and place on floured counter top.
- Take rolling pin and roll out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. If it’s sticking to rolling pin, add more flour to top of dough.
- Cut out circles then cut out the shamrock shape in the middle. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Take Jolly Ranchers and place in baggie, hit with a heavy object to break it up into little pieces.
- Place the jolly rancher pieces inside the shamrock.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Take out before the edges turn golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container (if there are any left). Makes about 2 dozen.
If you love these Shamrock cookies you should print out this free St. Patrick’s Day word search too!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉