Ok so the whole idea of unicorn poop is all the rage. Quite frankly it makes me laugh every time I see something of the sort. It was about time to make some unicorn poop bark of our own. Here is the recipe for this chocolate treat with a unicorn twist to it.
You will need a couple different colors of meltable chocolate. Pick whatever colors you want but the base of this unicorn poop bark will be white. So you will need at least one bag of white Wilton melts. Here’s how we made them and what you’ll want to pick up. (affiliate links present, originally published 5/16)
We first started this journey by making unicorn horns. These were yummy, you just melt white chocolate, dip your bugles in, set on some parchment paper and then decorate them to your liking. I use a fork to cover them and lift them out of the chocolate to get rid of excess.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
You will use Bugles for the unicorn horn, large candy eyes and sprinkles for embellishments. As for the sprinkles you could really use
Unicorn Birthday Party Ideas
I like using Wilton melts for both of these. They come in every color imaginable and melt really easily without any chunks. Leave it white or buy a few different colors and swirl together like you see here for a fun look. You’ll want to make the above horns first so you can place them on your bark as a cute feature.
We just added a free unicorn color by number color book to share with you too. Great when you have kids over.
Unicorn Poop Dessert
Now you will have to work quickly once everything is ready to go. Melt your bag of white chocolate and pour it on to a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Immediately when you take your white chocolate out of the microwave and it is melted put your other bowls with colored chocolates in so they can quickly melt too.
I put the eyes in the white chocolate once it’s spread so they have white surrounding them and don’t get lost in the colors.
Once the colored chocolate is done blob it on different spots and then when all the colors are on then use a fork to swish them together and around the eyes. Then place the horns you made near the eyes.
If you love this idea check out our fun cupcake ideas that have been a huge hit on my blog like our monkey cupcakes and many more!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!
Unicorn Poop Bark
- Parchment paper
- If you want to make red and blue to swirl into the white bark take about 12-15 out for each color, leave the rest white.
- Put bowl with white candy melts into microwave and follow directions on back of bag to melt until smooth.
- If you want to coat bugles to make horns white dip each one into the white chocolate until coated. Set on a piece of parchment to dry. When wet you could sprinkle with sprinkles so they stick.
- Pour melted white chocolate on to sheet lined with parchment and spread out. Microwave other bowls with white candy melts with a bit of colored gel inside, or use already colored candy melts until smooth.
- Drizzle over white melts, use a knife to drag thru so it creates a squiggle thru it. Do the same with any other colors you want to incorporate.
- Set regular or coated bugles "horns" here and there on your bark, as well as the candy eyes 2 next to one another. Allow to cool on countertop or fridge until hard.
- Pick up and break into smaller pieces to enjoy.