We will show you how to make Philadelphia cheesecake bars here! They can be made with Oreo cookies, banana, blueberry, strawberry, chocolate, churros or any other flavors. Like Ninja Foodi cheesecake but bite size!
Philadelphia cheesecake bars are addicting! They will become your favorite quick easy dessert recipe with your favorite flavor or fruit. With an easy homemade crust and a short bake time you will be a hero serving this at a potluck or your next holiday get together. (affiliate links present)
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
For this one we used chocolate cookies with a cream center and a Girl Scout Thin Mint on the top. The varieties are endless but the main base will remain the same. Choose your favorite cookie to crush for the bottom, flavors to gently fold into the center and something on top. I will explain a few options below that are popular beyond this one.
Chocolate is probably my favorite though ever since I made a batch of better than sex bars years ago. As you can see, a stand mixer was used and is quite handy to have in order to cream the insides smooth. If you have a hand one instead that works too, elbow grease will leave it a bit chunkier.
The Best Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars
Now this is chocolate based which is why we used Oreos for the crust but you could make regular Graham Cracker Crust for Cheesecake instead if you’d rather.
- Oreos or another type of cookie for the base
- crush yourself, without the cream or buy fine crumbs of oreo pieces in a box
- Softened cream cheese and butter
- Marshmallow fluff
- 9×9 baking pan
Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars
If you want a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip you’d want some of that too. You can find gluten free cookies if you need that too. Buy an extra brick and make cream cheese dip to serve right alongside of these.
Why Did they Discontinue Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars?
I have no idea, they were amazing. Maybe they weren’t advertised enough so people didn’t know what they were when they saw them in the store. Perhaps it was the location. I know in our store it was by the cream cheese, which makes sense, but I’m usually thinking bagels when I am in that section. Who knows, but now you can make them!
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
If you want to make sort of banana cream cheesecake bars you totally could easily transform these into more of a fruit dessert. This is how I would do that if you wanted to change it up from the Oreo crust version you see here;
- Instead of chocolate cookies crushed for the crust, use vanilla wafers instead!
- Dice up somewhat firm bananas to gently fold those into the filling
- Slice a bit riper ones to sit on the top into the dollop of whipped cream
We used Nilla wafers to make our cheesecake peanut butter and jelly bars too. Now that is a fun combination for the kiddos.
Churro Cheesecake Bars
This would be a fun variation too!! Like a cinnamon and sugar mixture of a treat would be simple to make by substituting the following ingredients;
- Use cinnamon graham crackers instead of cookies for the bottom graham cracker crust.
- Fold in larger chunks of the same grahams for the filling.
- Place one of these churros on top inside the whipped cream as a garnish and extra YUM.
I mean the possibilities are endless really in regards to flavors. You could even make Gingerbread Cheesecake as the filling during the holidays!
Copycat Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars
If you’re looking for no bake cheesecake bars we made something like that but in mason jars! Take a peek at our no bake pumpkin cheesecake cups and try those next.
This will make 12 squares and is made in a 9×9 baking dish. If you are having a larger get together you might want to double this and make more than one. OR make two different varieties to make everyone happy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add in the cookie baking crumbs and add the melted butter, mixing until the butter is evenly distributed. The crumbs should appear wet.
- Gently press the crust mixture into a 9×9 pan that is lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Once finished, take out of the oven, set aside leaving the oven set at 350 degrees.
- Start the filling by beating the cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl. Scrape down the sides and beat until smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix.
- At this point you can add things like sprinkles, chocolate chips, diced firm fruits etc…. Use a spoon to gently fold in until well incorporated.
- Pour over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Once done, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes.
- Remove, set on a cooling rack and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
- Cover. When cooled completely (about 40 minutes) place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Best if you can lift the paper out and on to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 squares and enjoy.
For another form you can make a sorta’ version of this in a ball. Takes about the same amount of time to make a Philadelphia cream cheese cheese ball but this you can roll in different candies for the holidays.
If you make it exactly as directed below the nutritional information will be accurate. You can print recipe and keep it handy or just come back again and again. We love “seeing you” so jump to recipe and get started y’all.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars
- 1 9×9 pan
- 1 Bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, add in the Oreo baking crumbs (without the cream) and melted butter. Mix until the butter is evenly distributed. The Oreo crumbs should appear wet.
- Place crust mixture into a 9×9 pan that is lined with parchment paper (ideally) or sprayed with non stick spray. Spread the mixture out evenly and press down with a spoon to compact the crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Once finished, take out of the oven, and set aside leaving the oven set at 350 degrees.
- Start the filling by placing the softened cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Once well combined, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix.
- At this point you can add in things like chopped up cookies, sprinkles, chocolate chips etc…. Use a spoon to gently fold in until well incorporated.
- Pour over the crust and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once finished baking, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes. Remove, set on a cooling rack and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. When chilled, take out and cut into 12 squares.