These no bake Skippy peanut butter bites are sweet, crunchy, and a perfect breakfast or snack option when you’re on the go! My kids and I love these snacks with or without chocolate chips. Healthy snacking doesn’t have to taste bland. Give these energy balls a whirl with rolled oats and creamy peanut butter and let us know your thoughts!
If you’re a busy mom like me you’re going to love these no bake Skippy peanut butter balls! Blended simple ingredients with coconut oil made for an after school snack for kids, these will surely be a hit with your family. Sponsored by Cheerios all opinions are my own. (affiliate links present)
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
You don’t have to use Skippy brand but typically that is the brand we buy. Jiffy is great too, off brands work but for natural peanut butter it isn’t the best choice. Even if you stir as directed the oil doesn’t incorporate as well and will be stickier when done than you would want.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
We are a family of 5 who are always going in all different directions. Sometimes we need something my kids can snack on while doing their homework after school. These are perfect for those times! These and our no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are great for;
- Dessert, our favorite next to the best ever peanut butter cookies
- Easy no bake “cooking” activity to do with your kids
- Sharing with friends
Skippy Peanut Butter Bites
Speaking of sharing with friends. Did you know Cheerios® has a buy one give one program? What does that mean? Well, when you buy specially marked Family Size Cheerios® at Walmart there is a code inside good for a free box to give away to a friend. How fun is that??!!
We used these to make our treats but you could in fact use Rice Krispies instead. Both work well. Have a nut allergy at home?? You can make nut free peanut butter balls this same way too. Feel free to use almond butter or sesame seeds butter if that is in your home. Any way you make this energy bite recipe you will want to store in the fridge to keep them more solid.
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c peanut butter creamy
- 2/3 c coconut shredded
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c chocolate chips mini semi sweet
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries optional
- 1 tbsp Cheerios crushed to a
No Bake Peanut Butter Bites
- Pour your Cheerios to a baggie and crush a bit leaving some pieces whole and others broken/smashed.
- Add cereal to your mix and mix everything well.
- Use a mini muffin pan to spoon your peanut butter cereal bite mixture into each small hole.
- Put in refrigerator for at least one hour or until bites harden.
- Keep in the fridge and take out when you want to enjoy them so they maintain ball shape.
- Can be kept for several days and enjoyed one (or two) at a time.
You could incorporate 1 tsp of chia seeds or ground flax seeds too if you wanted to. Maple syrup is good but wouldn’t provide the stick honey does to keep these together a bit better.
Recipes to Make with Cheerios
Plain or honey nut Cheerios cereal is not only a tasty breakfast cereal, but it can also be a versatile ingredient for making many delicious other recipes. Here are a few recipes you can make;
- Cheerios Trail Mix: Mix together cereal of your choice, nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips for a quick and easy snack that’s perfect for on the go trips or include with lunchbox notes.
- Cheerios Chicken Fingers: Crush into a fine crumb and use it to coat chicken strips before baking or frying. This adds a delicious crunch to a fun meal your kids love.
- No Bake energy bites like this: Mix Cheerios, peanut butter, honey, quick oats and other ingredients of your choice. Press the mixture into a baking dish. Chill until set, then slice and serve.
Keep them in the fridge in a bowl like you see here with light plastic wrap on the top. Instead of grabbing unhealthy options they will see these!!
Oh wait but there is more. If you have little ones who love these but you want to give them a bit more variety you can mix it up. Depending on their age just add little things into a baggie with a few different flavors of this cereal. Some you might try raisins, yogurt melts they love from Gerber…..
- Snack Mix: Mix with pretzels, popcorn, and other snacks, then toss with your favorite seasoning blend for a delicious snack mix.
- Cheerios Granola: Make this with oats, nuts, seeds, and honey, then bake in the oven until crunchy. This homemade granola can be enjoyed with milk, yogurt, or as a topping for ice cream.
Use these to make a marshmallow treat too, just like if you were to use Rice Krispies. You can leave them whole and follow the same recipe. Color the marshmallows for more fun, or use a flavored version of their cereals like strawberry or frosted to make this. We have even used Peeps to make this for a tweak on this popular dessert.
Before you go I want you to sign up for my free newsletter!! You will get all my new recipes emailed to you a few times a week that will help with meal planning for the week.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page because we share all our new creations there every single day. And follow me on Pinterest for more inspirations! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Skippy Peanut Butter Bites
- Add all ingredients into your bowl and cover with plastic wrap where the wrap touches the top of the bites mixture so no air gets into it. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take out and use a small cookie scoop or your hands to roll into balls. Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for another 2 hours. Enjoy! If you want to freeze for longer, freeze at this point for a few hours until firmed, then transfer into a freezer bag and store to take out a few at a time.
- Keep in the fridge if enjoying them within a few days and take out when you want to enjoy them so they maintain ball shape, can be kept for several days and enjoyed one (or two) at a time
Then you can send that code to a friend with a link to this recipe and have them try it out too!
It is a fun way to send a bit of love to your buddies and surprise them with a yummy snack idea and a coupon for a free box of Cheerios so they can enjoy them too. What’s your favorite way to eat your favorite cereal in the yellow box?? 😉