Here is a really easy peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookie recipe. Only 5 ingredients makes these easy cookies that are fun for kids to make. Peanut butter and jelly crossed a cookie and will be your child’s new favorite dessert for sure.
My girls and I love to bake….especially during the holidays! We have our favorite recipes that we make each year, but like to incorporate a new one each year. I remembered making a thumbprint cookie recipe with my Grandma and love to incorporate ones with memories when I am baking with my own kids. So here it is! Special thanks goes out to J.M. Smuckers® for sponsoring this post (originally published 10/15)
Next to my love of baking, involving my girls in the process and eating yummy desserts is fun. This is a must when making Christmas cookies in Dec. I am always looking for new desserts that are EASY to make.
- This thumbprint recipe is super simple and only requires a few ingredients.
Peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookie
- Almond extract
- Smuckers Fruit & Honey spread
- Creamy peanut butter
First you will want to blend the softened butter and sugar together until smooth and add the almond and vanilla extract.
Then add your flour and fold that in until it looks similar to this.
Then take a heaping tsp. full of dough, roll it in a ball and place on your un-greased cookie sheet. Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees now.
- Here is where you can get your kids involved. Of course they can roll the balls of dough, but the fun part is sticking their thumb in the middle to make room for the goodness.
- Mine love these as well as our cookies made with cake mix and the best ever peanut butter cookies
When making your thumbprint cookie recipe you’ll want to bake them at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. You want them to be barely brown on the outer edges. Then take out to cool.
They will harden more when they are taken out and are best a bit underdone so they stay moist and flaky.
Once you have the dough set just scoop about 1/3 tsp. of peanut butter in the thumbprint hole. Then add about 1/2 tsp of Smuckers spread.
- We did half and half. Some had peanut butter and some just had our Triple Berry fruit spread. Both were good and such an easy thumbprint recipe.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Set your oven for 350 degrees
- Mix together all of your ingredients except for your pb&j
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and put on cookie sheet
- Use thumb to press down and make an indentation in each one
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until very light brown
- Spoon a bit of peanut butter inside each one followed by your jam and eat
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.