These Hawaiian lettuce wraps are amazing!! Super easy lettuce wraps to make at home with just 4 ingredients too.
Have you ever tried making lettuce wraps, or even had one at a restaurant? They’re great so I made these Hawaiian lettuce wraps at home! Seriously, they are amazing! Special thanks goes out to Hillshire Farm for sponsoring this post.
Lettuce Wraps with Kielbasa
You wouldn’t know it by looking at me but I was actually born in Hawaii and LOVE foods that remind me of my time there.
- All you need are 4 ingredients, and the lettuce of course. It’s a great combination of savory and sweet, and a healthy dinner idea too….even my kids love this one!
I used my rice cooker but you could opt for your Instant Pot instead.
You will need to pick up:
Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Hillshire Farm Meat Polska Kielbasa (or you can use one of their other varieties such as their Smoked Turkey Rope Sausage if you prefer)
- White rice
- 1 can chunk pineapple
- Jar of teriyaki sauce.
- I chose butter lettuce for the wrap but you could use cabbage leaves if you prefer as well.
Sausage Lettuce Wraps
Start by putting about 1 1/2 c. of uncooked rice and 3 c. water into your rice cooker so that can get going. Then you will start your skillet dish (which will later be put into your lettuce pieces) by slicing your sausage into pieces like this.
Then you will need about 1 cup of pineapple chunks. Straight out of the can they are a bit too big so cut them into quarters while you’ve got your cutting board out.
First put a bit of olive oil in your skillet, then add your cubed Hillshire Farm® sausage, let them get nice and brown like this to bring out the full flavor….so good!
- Then add your cup (or so) of pineapple and about 3 tbsp. of teriyaki sauce (but who’s measuring right).
- Let it cook on low for just for a bit while you mix all of these ingredients together. Here’s the Hawaiian lettuce wraps recipe to print out.
Hawaiian lettuce wraps
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Hawaiian Lettuce Wraps
- Start rice now so it will be ready. Slice link precooked sausage into half moons. Put into skillet on stovetop with olive oil and cook until outsides are brown, almost caramelized.
- Add cooked rice into skillet and stir with garlic salt and teriyaki sauce.
- Gently fold in chunks of pineapple, remove from heat. Serve inside lettuce leaves.
Then get out your leaves of lettuce and fill them up! You can add an extra drizzle of teriyaki sauce now too. Super easy skillet meal and lettuce wrap recipe.
Do you have another lettuce wrap recipe you love?? Let me know below, I’d love to try it!