Here’s an easy recipe to make homemade lotion bars that smell incredible using essential oils and a great gift especially during Christmas time.
During the holidays it is fun to have a few homemade gift ideas to choose from. You can make these homemade lotion bars with the help of your kids (you take care of the hot stuff of course) and they’re perfect for teachers and neighbors at Christmas time!
Shea Butter Lotion Bar Recipe
If you love homemade beauty products, making your own bars of soap and lotion are killer. Since there aren’t any preservatives or chemicals you don’t want on your body the shelf life is longer and adding essential oils gives you the scents you ultimately crave. We have made other homemade gifts like these before:
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
- You can make some homemade hand warmers during the winter months.
- How to make bath salts with essential oils
- Homemade sugar body scrub
Now we are back with lotion bars….have you used one of these before??
Lotion Bars with Essential Oils
These are great because there are so many choices, each one offering different qualities. Peppermint is great for calming of the stomach issues, lavender to calm your whole body and great before bed, the list goes on and on.
What do you use homemade lotion bars?
These are great skincare products for really dry skin that won’t aggravate issues like psoriasis you might have.
- Well they’re a great after sun soother, great to moisturize your skin (rub on and warmth of your skin will gently/barely melt it on to your skin).
great for your skin during the dry Winter months, and if you have dry patches on your skin they feel great rubbed on those. With essential oils and cinnamon sticks inside these they also have a wonderful scent to them. And they look super pretty!
Homemade lotion bars
Of course you can add any scents you like with just a few drops of essential oils you have, we chose clove and cinnamon here.
- Silicone mold
- Cinnamon sticks
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Beeswax pellets
- Essential oils – used clove and cinnamon
Homemade Lotion Bars with Essential Oils
- 1 Silicone mold
- 4 oz Shea butter
- 4 oz coconut oil
- 4 oz beeswax
- 25 drops essential oils
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cut the cinnamon sticks up into pieces that will fit into each mold. Place 2 pieces into each cube.
- Add the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax pellets to a double boiler with a few inches of water in your pot. Heat over medium high heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Add both essential oils and stir to distribute evenly.
- Immediately pour into each silicone cube, on top of the cinnamon sticks, filling up to the top. Chill for 3 hours (or you can allow to set at room temperature for 6-8 hours.
Other cute DIY gift ideas:
- Make chocolate snowflake stirrers for hot chocolate or coffee
- Here are a few appreciation gift ideas for Teachers and neighbors
- Create homemade bath bombs and package them pretty
- Homemade Christmas ornaments
- Pampering in a jar
- This is how to make a knot pillow
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉