Here’s an easy recipe to make homemade lotion bars that smell incredible using essential oils and a great gift especially during Christmas time.
During the holidays it is fun to have a few homemade gift ideas to choose from. You can make these homemade lotion bars with the help of your kids (you take care of the hot stuff of course) and they’re perfect for teachers and neighbors at Christmas time!
We have made other homemade gifts like these before:
Now we are back with lotion bars….have you used one of these before??
What do you use homemade lotion bars for you might ask?
- Well they’re a great after sun soother, great to moisturize your skin (rub on and warmth of your skin will gently/barely melt it on to your skin).
great for your skin during the dry Winter months, and if you have dry patches on your skin they feel great rubbed on those.
With essential oils and cinnamon sticks inside these they also have a wonderful scent to them.
And they look super pretty!
Of course you can add any essential oils you like, we chose clove and cinnamon here.
Homemade lotion bars
- Silicone mold
- Cinnamon sticks
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Beeswax pellets
- Essential oils – used clove and cinnamon
- Cut the cinnamon sticks up into pieces that will fit into each mold. Place 2 pieces into each cube.
- Add the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax pellets to a double boiler. Heat over medium high heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add both essential oils and stir to distribute evenly. Immediately pour into each silicone cube, on top of the cinnamon sticks, filling up to the top.
- Chill for 3 hours (or you can allow to set at room temperature for 6-8 hours).
Other cute DIY gift ideas:
- Make chocolate snowflake stirrers for hot chocolate or coffee
- Here are a few appreciation gift ideas for Teachers and neighbors
- Create homemade bath bombs and package them pretty
- Homemade Christmas ornaments
- Pampering in a jar
- This is how to make a knot pillow
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉