This easy layered ice cream sundae pie is incredible! Layers of fudge and ice cream topped with whipped cream and sprinkles makes it a fun birthday dessert.
I love it when it gets warm outside! Well, we live in California so we are lucky to have sunny days pretty much year round. When summertime comes we are all about spending time together and cool treats like this easy layered ice cream sundae pie dessert! I am all about easy recipes like this layered ice cream sundae pie. With both of us working full time and three girls going every which direction I don’t have a lot of time to do much of anything. (originally published 6/17, post may contain affiliate links)
Ice Cream Sundae Pie
A bowl of vanilla ice cream with caramel topping and whipped cream is yummy of course, but thinking outside of the box and using those three items to create something that is not only delicious but pretty too is what we love to do.
These are the items we used to create this beauty. You could use any flavor of ice cream that is store bought you love. Or make a homemade one with caramel sauce inside using your Ninja Creami ice cream machine.
Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae Pie
We will show you how to make this. It is easiest if you leave out your tub of ice cream just for a bit so it softens. Then you can smooth it layer by layer with the back of a spoon
- Blue Bunny PB ‘N Cones (found in the frozen section as you see here). Or the variety with peanut butter cups inside is great. Probably our favorite ice cream
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping (on end cap as you see here near the carton picture)
- Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping (near milk in refrigerated section)
- Large burrito size tortillas (bread aisle)
- Sprinkles (in the baking aisle)
- Pie pan (we had that at home), no 3 ingredient pie crust or graham cracker crust necessary unless you wanted to use our sugar cookie version
And of course you can make this with all different types of flavors and sundae toppings in between the layers.
It is really simple to make this pretty dessert, and it is perfect to make for a special occasion like a birthday party too! Large tortillas create the layers as you see here below.
Homemade Ice Cream Sundae Pie
- Lay a large tortilla on the bottom of your pie plate
- On top of each layer scoop 1/3 of your carton of Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™ and spread evenly across the tortilla
- Squeeze a W shape of Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping on top of that (The way I make it so the fudge is easier to spread is I empty the contents of the jar into a small freezer bag, seal, and cut the corner off so you can squeeze it out on top of your ice cream in a W pattern so it is spread throughout your ice cream pie when cut into).
- Top that layer with another tortilla, press down gently
- Spoon another 1/3 container of your ice cream
- Spread out evenly
Ultimate Ice Cream Sundae Pie
- Squeeze another W shape of your hot fudge topping
- Followed by your 3rd and last tortilla
- The top layer will contain the last 1/3 of your tub of ice cream, smoothed out all the way to the edges.
- Squeeze the last bit of hot fudge in dollop forms all the way around the edges of your ice cream pie to make it pretty then it’s off to the freezer!
- Freeze for at least an hour, I usually leave it in for 2 hours
- When you take it out shake up your can of Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping and make dollops in between the hot fudge dots on top of your ice cream sundae pie, then a large dollop in the middle.
- Always store in the freezer when you’ve had your fill.
We sprinkled multi-colored star sprinkles all over when we were done, but that is optional depending on the occasion. Use a sharp knife to slice into pieces and enjoy. If it is tough to get through run it under some hot water and it will cut your ice cream cake easily.
Homemade Ice Cream Pie
Use a sharp knife to cut pieces for everyone and enjoy! It is absolutely delicious and a fun new way to make an ice cream sundae! If you are looking for other fun pie recipes that are out of the norm you should try our upside down cherry pie. Easily thrown together in 15 minutes that one.
We made this just for fun….what do you think you would make this easy layered ice cream pie recipe for? Watch our video in this post so you can see how we made ours.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ice Cream Sundae Pie
- 1 pie pan
- Lay a large tortilla on the bottom of your pie plate. On top of each layer scoop 1/3 of your carton of ice cream on top and spread evenly across the tortilla. Squeeze a W shape of Hot Fudge Topping on top of that.
- Top that layer with another tortilla, press down gently. Spoon another 1/3 container of your ice cream. Spread out evenly. Squeeze another W shape of your hot fudge topping followed by your 3rd and last tortilla.
- The top layer will contain the last 1/3 of your tub of ice cream, smoothed out all the way to the edges. Squeeze the last bit of hot fudge in dollop forms all the way around the edges of your ice cream pie to make it pretty
- Then it's off to the freezer! Freeze for at least an hour, I usually leave it in for 2 hours. When you take it out shake up your can of original whipped topping and make dollops in between the hot fudge dots on top of your ice cream sundae pie. Then a large dollop in the middle.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into 8-12 pieces.