Here are 20 different and fun ways of dyeing Easter eggs with your kids this year!! Natural Easter egg dye plus Easter egg painting and how to use shaving cream to dye your eggs are here plus many other methods. Think outside of the box and find non toxic ways of dyeing Easter eggs for toddlers and all ages here.
There are TONS of different ways of dyeing Easter eggs!! Skip the traditional store bought packages with just primary colors and stickers. Instead try these fun Easter egg designs that will knock your socks off and make your kids say “Wow”!! Take a look at the best ways to dye Easter eggs that we found and have done ourselves. (originally published 3/16)
How to Dye Easter Eggs
Of course you can buy a store bought kit but there are a lot of other clever ways to dye your Easter eggs this year. If you aren’t a fan of actual dye being used you can find natural Easter egg dyeing kits like this one. Dress your eggs up from there.
Depending on the age of your children there are many non toxic egg dyeing techniques you can use that are listed below. Some that you use a paintbrush to decorate. Take a peek and see which method you’d like to try this year.
How to dye Easter eggs naturally
- Our favorite is probably how to dye eggs with Kool Aid because you need nothing but water and this tasty drink mix!
Frugal Mom Eh created these Drip Dye Easter Eggs for fun. For any of these you really don’t want them to go to waste. Of course you can make egg salad sandwiches, but colored deviled eggs are so much fun too.
Safe Ways to Dye Eggs
- Delineate Your Dwelling – DIY Metallic Easter Eggs
- Our Best Bites – Silk-Dyed Eggs
- Moments of Mommyhood – Tissue Paper Dyed Easter Eggs
- Toddler Approved – Volcano Egg Dyeing
- Dream a Little Bigger – Gold Leaf & Abstract Easter Eggs
- The Frugal Foodie Mama – Rock Troll Easter Eggs
- Horses and Heels – Equine Easter Eggs
- Here Comes the Sun Blog – Watercolor Easter Eggs
- All Started With Paint – Dye Easter Eggs With Rice & Food Coloring
- It Happens in a Blink – Real Glitter Easter Eggs
- It’s Always Autumn – Totally Awesome DIY LEGO Easter Eggs
I mean the list goes on and on, and you could mix and match between the different ideas.
If you’re looking for more Easter fun in the kitchen, and Spring crafts try:
- Our cute Spring sheep cupcakes are so simple and fun
- Make these no bake peanut butter and butterscotch nests
- Easter word search is free and fun for all ages.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉