The best RV mattress you’ll ever try! Make bedtime cozy with an organic soft futon mattress that fits perfectly in your recreational vehicle for traveling.
Are you looking for the best RV mattress to make your bed soft and perfect for sleeping while traveling? Well this queen size futon mattress and topper makes bedtime great for us. Let us share our The Futon Shop review with you so you can make an educated choice. Special thanks goes out to them for sponsoring this post so we could share our photos with you.
- I did not think about the mattresses what we’d get when we bought our first travel trailer this year. Let me tell you, the one in our room was BAD!
One night on top of this thin rock hard thing and we could barely walk the next day. I’m not joking.
The best RV mattress
If you’re an RV owner you’ll want to listen up.
We may not be a typical family after all because this year we’re taking off to travel the US with our younger 2! That’s right. We are finally taking the plunge and doing this adventure we had only dreamed of.
That’s why it was so important to have everything just right before we took off on our first adventure this year.
- There was NO way we could travel any distance with the bed that existed in there. Thank goodness we found The Futon Shop sooner rather than later because they offer a huge selection, and it fits perfectly.
You see, my husband has sleep apnea so we need all the help we can get as far as night time is concerned. My first question when we began searching for the best RV mattress was:
Can you use a regular mattress in an RV?
The short answer is yes. Our travel trailer platform fits a traditional queen, others are just slightly off. The only difference if yours fits a short queen RV mattress is 5″ at the end, meaning a traditional size would be 5″ longer and stick off the end just a bit.
A short queen size mattress measures 60″x75″ vs. the traditional 60″x80″. You can order a king size as well as a variety of materials, like latex mattresses and more too.
- Let us show you the most comfortable futon we chose, and why we love it!
What is the most comfortable RV mattress?
What is the best RV queen mattress?
- You want it to be thick as there is no box spring underneath
- The ability to customize it to be soft, medium or a firm mattress is ideal so it’s just right for YOU
- Made of organic cotton tends to create a softer bed
- Having a core of 733 Micro Coils provides optimum support (perfect for my husband with a bad back)
- We love a mattress that reduces motion transfer (great for couples)
- Something that is hypoallergenic and resistant to both mildew and dust mites is ideal
This is the futon mattress we chose. It has all of these components along with a 15-20 year life expectancy which means you won’t have to replace it for a LONG time.
To make it even softer, we added a 2 inch thick mattress topper too!
This means the top layer makes it a bit taller. It’s similar to a pillow top mattress with that extra “puff” on the top. 😉
We chose this one because:
- It’s free from harmful chemicals
- Provides extra cushioning and ultra soft comfort to your rv mattress
- Adds additional pressure point relief
This futon mattress topper goes right on top of the base layer. Then place your mattress pad and fitted sheet over both the topper and the mattress or futon. This will hold the topper in place!
If you’re looking for high quality comfortable sleeping in your recreational vehicle, this is it! Choose a comfort mattress from their site, with a topper or as is and you can even take it inside and use it for your home too.
So get to planning your next vacation, start with this RV camping checklist, get your comfy bed ready and roll!!